Black Opal essential fade complex

No Image

3.5

on 7/22/2008 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

what a piece of crap! and what a waste of money. i couldnt find it at any drugstores around and ordered it online and waited for nearly 2 weeks for it to arrive! and one night of application and i'm left with redder stains on areas i had applied it to. i'm tanned, and this was still too strong for me i guess. i'm sooo aggravated, i don't know how to reverse its effects now. i look like a red piece of meat. SUCKER

on 1/7/2007 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is more of a question based on some reviews...

For those of you who used this product and experienced 'staining' or red/orange/pink marks, what did you do about it? Did you stop using the product? If so, did the marks/staining go away? Or did you have to use something else to deal with the marks/staining?

Thanks!

on 1/12/2006 10:21:00 AM

WARNING!!!!! I just woke up after having this stuff on at night, and every spot I applied to my face is now a dark reddish/brown. The stuff stained my skin. Now I have my work cut out for me with concealer. I'm so disappointed :( Like one previous reviewer, now my spots are worse than before. AUGH.

[UPDATE: Palmer's Eventone Fade Cream beats the crap out of this stuff! LOVE IT.] continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried this product for 3weeks and still no luck, absolutely no improvement. i must say i am very disappointment because i followed the instructions all the way through. I live in the UK and finding this product was not easy, had to purchase from ebay. *sigh* got my hopes up!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I WAS ON THE VERGE OF LASER SURGERY!

My skin has been the bane of my existence for the last 2 years. I developed acne scars aka hyperpigmentation from a hormonal imbalance that has since balanced itself out, but wreaked havoc with my skin. They look like pimples, but are flat and dark red, brown, or just red. I cant leave the house without heavy makeup. It has been ruining my self esteem :(

I have olive/yellow warm skin like mac nc35.

I have tried super expensive brands such as Peter Thomas Roth ultra gentle lightening serum, which smells horrible and breaks me out.

I tried this because of the reviews, got it at walgreens for $8. It has been about 1 week, and I already see the difference!! My spots now are covered with 50% less makeup!!! AND NO BREAKOUTS!!!
The texture is fine like an expensive serum(reminds me of regenerist) but lemony scented(packed with vit c) and so smooth. I use it day and night, but that may be too much for some people.

I cant describe how happy I am, and cant wait to see the progress a month from now. So much so that I took before pics, and am taking them each week. I will post them at the end of a month.
I have a feeling that I wont be needing heavy if any foundation in a couple months or less!!!

Recommendation:
try to exfoliate with a peel or really good/fine scrub before use, maybe a day before, it will get in deeper. dont use too much, it could irritate.

THANK THE GODS FOR THIS MIRACLE PRODUCT!

p.s. please remember to use sunscreen or makeup that has it!!!
otherwise your results will be ruined!

UPDATE: 10/05 I still stand by this product :)

on 5/28/2004 5:21:00 PM

I have been using for about 4 wks and have definitely seen a reduction in Sun spots or freckles. The main area of improvement is my shoulders where the sun damage were those groups of freckle/spotting. Completely faded most of it with only an evening application. I have not been able to regularly apply to face since I'm not sure how to layer it w/ other active ingred(retinol, AHA's, etc) but I really like the gel base of Black Opal as it hides easily under make up and isn't thick like creams & oh yes, unscented, thank goodness!Also doesn't cause breakouts. Kinda' expensive for the amount of product ($12.99 @ Eckerds for .90 oz)Might repurchase if I still need help.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the product because of the reviews in MUA Top Picks. I have to admit that it did fade away gradually my acne scars and some brown spots. I could see the improvement but it didn't magically make the spots disappeared. After all, I'm quite pleased with this purchase. Compare to other whitening products, I could see the effect faster, better, HOWEVER, the effect seemed to go away after I used it for a while.

on 4/29/2004 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is no miracle product. I used it religiously for almost 3 weeks and so no obvious improvement. I have medium toned skin (e.g. closer to white than dark). The packaging is excellent, however. You can squeeze just the right amount to do spot treatments where you need it. I'll continue to use until it runs out...should last a while! But, I don't plan on repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This stuff was great. First fade product I've found to actually work, but I think I've found something better. It's called Nadinola Extra Strength Fade Cream. It has 3% hydroquin compared to Black Opal's 2%. Great for my skin! Both of these products work really well. I would use this product more for spots than all over use. It really does work though. Doesn't last too long though and is pretty expensive for the amount you get, but if used on just a certain spot or area, it's probably perfect and will last youa while. Great silver tube which allows the formula not to become less effective. Took off 1 lippy for the price.

on 4/14/2004 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Miracle in a tube for lightening any kind of skin discolorations. It works pretty fast too, visibly fading marks in a week. The only caveat - the retinol can cause breakouts if the gel is overused, so I use it sparingly. It sometimes irritates my skin and turns it red if I over apply

I read on the skincare board that this is going to be discontinued, so time to stock up!