Black Opal essential fade complex

No Image

4.2

on 9/13/2008 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've had cystic acne and it left very dark scarring on both sides of my face, specifically on my cheek, the most obvious of all place.
I've tried saliylic acid peel 20%
Lactic acid peel 35%
Glycolic acid peel 30%
Hydroquinone 2%
Aloe vera, lemon and honey, vitamin E and a whole host of other prodcuts that were supposed to help fade scars.
I even tried black opal's advanced fade gel it worked for a while then it stopped working!
So I decided to give black opal another try and buy the essential fade!
What a relief it slowly peeled off the first couple of layers of skin(due to the combination of retinol and hydroquinone) to help reveal healthy scar free skin.
I have been so frustrated for over 2yrs with these scars and finally feel like I have hope. The key is to put a thin layer on....and I mean thin! One day I smeared it on and the next day I woke up with those stains everybody was complaining about. I used it every nite for 6 days so far and I am very pleased...I could cry. Please please please use sunscreen in the morning no matter what! Even if its a cloudy rainy day! I definetly would buy again but I see no need to. The little tube goes a lonnngggg way when used correctly, again I stress applying a thin layer. The tube helps to preserve the product longer because hydroquinone is highly unstable that just opening a jar and applying it allows it to turn black and ineffective..the gel is a brown color so don't worry its not old and useless...will continue to use and update!

on 5/23/2006 3:47:00 PM

Awesome stuff...I'm an olive complexion and have a few acne marks--cleared them up over the course of 2 weeks...I noticed the product can burn if applied to damp skin so make sure your skin is thoroughly towel dried before applying...will always use this!

on 3/11/2006 1:07:00 AM

Don't let a couple of bad reviews about "staining" deter you from at least trying this product if you have pale skin. I have pale skin with some freckling and blotchiness and I swear this stuff is the closest to a miracle in a tube you will ever find. My skin looks the best it ever has when I use this product (I even wear it under my makeup) and my skin looks creamy and beautiful....and has decreased my makeup useage by a least 50%.

This product is wonderful, get the word out, because if we keep buyin' it they will keep makin' it.

on 10/24/2005 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I too was skeptical at first because I was putting too much at once but I started putting thin layers and BOY am I grateful. My skin is so so so clear! I may be able to skip foundation/concealer/cover up if I continue to use this. Must remember to use sunscreen with this ladies or else they spots will come back!

I love this although I think it's starting to make me break out in little pimples. Perhaps it's because it's not fresh anymore and perhaps that's making me breakout. Will repurchase again once mta drama is over in nyc. continued >>

on 9/23/2005 10:34:00 AM

This fade complex is like a little miracle in a tube. After two weeks of using it, my acne scars are not even noticeable! I wouldn't even think about using anything else. I use this in combination with the Daily Fade Cleanser and my results have been so remarkable! I definitely recommend this product.

Have been using this for 3 weeks now and am very impressed. Paid $7.99 at CVS and was not expecting much. I have melasma around my mouth and all over my chin, and was contemplating the laser. I apply a thin layer two times a day and always follow up with at least SPF45, even at night. I also try to reapply the SPF45 every two hours during the day (I use zinc oxide, the physical block doesn't irritate my skin) and I have seen MAJOR lightening of the patches. Do not try to fade melasma without sunscreen!!!!! This product really works, but it does take time to fade major patches. I saw results in about a week, which is pretty fast. Great product, hasn't broken me out, and doesn't irritate my skin.

on 4/28/2005 3:06:00 PM

I love this stuff. It fades acne scars in a matter of days.

I began using this product one month ago and at first I saw a little fading, just slowly. Then I stopped using my daily facewash which consisted of Dove Sensitive skin beauty bar and began using Black Opal daily fade cleanser. I noticed remarkable results within one week! I now wish that I would have taken before and after pictures!! I no longer have to use concealer which is wonderful because I would rather eliminate the problem instead of covering it up. I am going to begin using the fade complex on my legs as well to see what type of results I'll achieve. I will definitely repurchase this product. Some have said the price is a little much for such a small amount, but imo, the results make up for the price. Definitely worthy of 5+ lippies.

this stuff works. i seriously have been using quite an intensive regimen of AHA, BHA, peels, expensive moisturizers, even copper peptides, in an attempt to get rid of some hyperpigmentation (reddish and brown spots) from previous acne breakouts. those other products worked okay..i was making slow progress..but when i added this a week ago, WOW. its really lightened up the spots dramatically. i think in a week or so i should be able to go without heavy foundation, maybe only a bit of concealer. the texture is a pleasant light and non greasy gel that does not cause breakouts. I do tho think that using AHAs (glycolic acid) does help the delivery of hydroquinone to the skin, making it more effective ( i used the fade complex previously w/o glycolics and it didn't do that much).

on 7/18/2004 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is miracle in a tube.I've tried other fade creams and nothing has results like this. The first day, I put this on and I saw results the next morning, I kid you not.I have acne scars due to PMS breakouts and after 2 weeks they are almost gone!!!The only bad part about this is the tube is super small for $8, but the price is worth it!