Black Opal essential fade complex

No Image

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/31/2005 2:25:00 AM

I've been using this product for a week and a half and my skin has never looked better. You should be aware however that the main ingredient ( Hydroquinone) is not for long term use...and has been banned from cosmetics in European countries. That said, I am not apprehensive at all about using it short term. I plan to use it for 6 weeks in conjunction with 55 percent lactic acid peels twice a week. My skin is looking better than ever. Ironically, I have alsways used "acne" products on my oily skin, and since I have stopped, I have also stopped breaking out. I use black opal at night peter thomas roth Hydroquinone-free botanical lightening gel in the morning, and cover both am/pm with an oil free moisturizer. Be sure to use a sunscreen as this product fades dark spots and does not remove them. If you've tried everything else, I would give this a shot..it is inexpensive and suprisingly effective!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this to fade some old freckling on my shoulders. After a bit over a month of using it (I'm about halfway through my second tube), the palest, ginger-colored freckles have faded almost completely away. The slightly darker freckles are still there, but I'm going to give it a good six months of use before I give up. I'll update this review in the spring.

January 5, 2007 update: Well, it did fade my freckling slightly, but I didn't follow through with repurchasing. The improvement was so slight, it just didn't seem worth it.

Active ingredient: 2% Hydroquinone

Other Ingredients: Absorbic Acid, Brown 1, Butylene Glycol, Butylparaben, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycolipids, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Isobutylparaben, Kojic Acid, Lactic Acid, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polyvinylpyrrolidone, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Red 40, Retinol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water
continued >>