Black Opal essential fade complex

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/13/2007 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I actually got this stuff in Virginia at an Eckerd(sp?) drugstore on clearance.

I have some little brown spots that seem to pop up on my left cheek a couple times a year. This stuff works WONDERS. I love it and it doesn't sting or burn or anything.

I use it only at night...after exfoliating in the shower with an apricot scrub. I don't have sensitive skin on my face (only my eyelids), so I don't recommend this for everyone.

This stuff works very well...I noticed a result in less than a week. My cousin even complimented me on it... and she's a model and ridiculously hard to impress...when it comes to makeup/skincare stuff.

on 1/7/2007 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is more of a question based on some reviews...

For those of you who used this product and experienced 'staining' or red/orange/pink marks, what did you do about it? Did you stop using the product? If so, did the marks/staining go away? Or did you have to use something else to deal with the marks/staining?

Thanks!

on 1/12/2006 10:21:00 AM

WARNING!!!!! I just woke up after having this stuff on at night, and every spot I applied to my face is now a dark reddish/brown. The stuff stained my skin. Now I have my work cut out for me with concealer. I'm so disappointed :( Like one previous reviewer, now my spots are worse than before. AUGH.

[UPDATE: Palmer's Eventone Fade Cream beats the crap out of this stuff! LOVE IT.] continued >>

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this product for 1 week. However, I do not see the DRAMATIC results that others raved about. I plan on using this product for another 5 weeks, hopefully by then I'll see some lightening in my acne scars.

on 4/28/2005 3:06:00 PM

I love this stuff. It fades acne scars in a matter of days.

on 9/2/2004 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is just great. I have medium brown skin and some acne scars spots. I saw the difference after day 1. I use it with the spf 15 fade lotion during day and the complex at night. I also pore my skin with the fade cleanser(also from black opal). This is a great value for money and works better than many other expensive alternatives. I have very sensitive acne prone skin and this works great for me

on 7/30/2004 7:41:00 PM

*sigh* got my hopes up again.. didn't do much for me.

on 5/25/2004 10:36:00 PM

Well, I didn't notice improvement overnight like some folks did....but after two weeks, I can certainly see a change. It also seems to make skin very smooth, which I like. I'll buy again :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the product because of the reviews in MUA Top Picks. I have to admit that it did fade away gradually my acne scars and some brown spots. I could see the improvement but it didn't magically make the spots disappeared. After all, I'm quite pleased with this purchase. Compare to other whitening products, I could see the effect faster, better, HOWEVER, the effect seemed to go away after I used it for a while.

on 4/14/2004 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Miracle in a tube for lightening any kind of skin discolorations. It works pretty fast too, visibly fading marks in a week. The only caveat - the retinol can cause breakouts if the gel is overused, so I use it sparingly. It sometimes irritates my skin and turns it red if I over apply

I read on the skincare board that this is going to be discontinued, so time to stock up!