Mavala Nail color cream

Mavala Nail color cream

4.4

on 2/19/2017 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had 3 of the Mavala nail polishes. Rose Dust, Warm Grey and Mauve cendré. Gorgeous colours that look great on my medium brown skin. Last a long time (a week) underneath my Nivea top/base coat.
I went ahead and purchased a 4th one, the Trench Beige 110 and the Mavadry. The Trench Beige is a gorgeous colour, but I was disappointed when it dried matte to look whitish/grey. Nowhere on the packaging is it mentioned. Put the Mavadry on top, and it turned the same colour as it is through the bottle, with a nice subtle shine.

on 10/18/2016 1:21:00 PM

Wow, gorgeous! I bought the color Roma (when in Rome...) and it's the perfect candy apple red with barely detectable shimmer that give extra dimension. It's a one-coat wonder and looks very rich on short nails.

I think I paid €6 at a drugstore next to the Spanish Steps.

This is a review for Mavala 'Blue mint'

I love it.

It is cool baby blue with a barely-there pearl microshimmer. One coats looks great, but the finish can be a little streaky. I've noticed that it looks very streaked when you apply, but after a few seconds of drying the streaks even out. Keep this in mind, before I realised this I spent ages trying to get it to go on streak free.

I apply 2 coats to get even coverage butI prefer the colour of just 1 coat. With 2 it starts to look more opaque and plasticy, whereas 1 coat is sheerer and the blue is so pretty. Different folks, different strokes...

It drys beautifully, little shiny and beautifully smooth.

The brush could be a little better, and I often have a problem with Mavala bottles getting the lids stuck on. I need to make sure that I don't leave too much NP on the rim. I like the small bottles. You can use it up before it goes goopy and the price for the smaller amount makes them seem kind of cheap.

I'm not sure what skin tone I am but I am pretty pale and I think I am cool, so maybe that's why it suits me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Despite some of the negative reviews, this is a good quality nail polish. I own this in Toulouse, a saturated rose pink without blue/violet undertones. It gets opaque with two coats max and doesn't chip for at least five days. It also goes on smoothly and doesn't streak. Love the small size, so that you don't get bored with the same color.

on 1/22/2015 9:00:00 AM

Small bottle, small brush. Therefor less lippies.
As a polish its ok+ I guess.
Depends on what color though, some goes on very smooth and good, some dont. I guess thats a lot of fun for a gambler with a lot of time on their hands, but for the rest of us its not that charming to never know what youre gonna get.
Wide range if colors, yes. Dries kinda fast. Ends even faster.
If you have long nails, like me, one bottle is about 1 1/2 manicure, witch makes the bottle expensive since the last quarter is not possible to use due to the formula drying up inside leaving a thick... mess.
Im a proffessial Creative Nail Design designer so i know good from bad. This is somewhere in the middle. Not buying this anymore.

on 1/4/2015 3:29:00 PM

I love Mavala polishes, they are highly pigmented. Most colours you can get away with 1 coat and they last a long time (I don't wear the same colour for more than 3-4 days, so if the polish lasts that long I am happy). They have brilliant choice of colours. Also I really like that these come in small 5ml bottles, as there is more chance of me using up a bottle.

on 7/12/2012 4:07:00 PM

I love the colours by Mavala and found it hard to limit myself, I wanted to buy them all but I ended up getting:
162 Rose Shell
170 Touch of Provence
171 Blue Curacao
181 Blue Mint

Rose shell and blue mint go on extremely streaky. I like the small size as I find it hard to use up nail polish. The staying power of the polishes is good, two coats last me a week. I don't think they're as cheap as everyone else says though as you're paying £5 for 5ml compared to China Glaze, £8 for 15ml or Barry M £4 for 10ml.

Overall, I love the colours but a bit disappointed with the streakiness.

on 6/8/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Most of them are pretty good, inexpensive, fun colors, cute packaging and small amount so they you probably won't end up with a large dried out bottle.

So far I've tried
Paris (medium bright pinkish coral)
Rouge forever (deep burgundy)
Izmir, Iceberg (both sheer white)
London (vivid neutral red)
Lemon cream (medium cream yellow)
Next I want to try Violette

I don't like the brush very much though, it's very small.
Most of them were creamy, dried fast and applied evenly (except lemon cream - too streaky)
Lasting power is average to good

on 11/28/2011 7:23:00 AM

I have to say this is the best nail polish I have ever used. Have a big nail polish collection and I just kept on buying more to try and find something that stayed on. Finally I came across this brand.

My other nail polishes (including OPI) are off to the garbage and i'm totally hooked to this product.

It's super long wearing, the colors are really lovely and have a large variety, they are really inexpensive, especially for the quality and apply very smoothly without drying too fast or too slow.

A+

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought several small bottles of mavala and love them. Colors are great and come out nicely as in the bottle. I was a bitwary about the brush, but it is a decent size. Mostly, i like that i can buy several colours without feeling guilty about the nailpolish drying in the bottle and me not using it enough.

Popular Polishes