Body & Soul Travel Brush Set

No Image

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought these on Sephora's website around 2006 because I needed a set of brushes other than some Bourjois I had acquired. At that time, I had no idea about MUA and that you could buy decent brushes at the drugstore, so I took the $85 plunge. I was kind of pissed off when they finally came! I expected much better quality for $85! These were standard and didn't do anything different than my cheapie Bourjois. I returned them and bought the Smashbox Holiday Set which was on sale for more than 50% less than the Body & Soul set. More brushes and better quality! It's not that I think these are absolute crap, but the price was ridiculous for a travel-sized set of mediocre brushes.

on 4/30/2008 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Divine brushes. Soft, yet not too soft. The handles are a nice, workable length.

This set is FABULOUS! I wasn't sure whether or not to try them because the reviews were split 50/50. But I wanted to try them because Carmindy uses them on What Not To Wear. This set is great, the brushes were a little difficult to get back in their pockets, but after a few uses, it wasn't a problem! After all, you don't want your brushes slipping out of their pockets! The brushes are soft, the perfect size, and the handles are the perfect size too! I love the seafoam green coloured handles! This brush set is a must! $85 is not a bad price for this!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I must say...I was scared to buy these because the reviews here were split 50/50. I'm very glad with this purchase, the brushes are so soft, really great quality. The clutch it comes in is adorable, although, the slots are tight at first. If you slide them in & leave them there they'll slide in & out nicely.

I do wish the face & blush brush were fuller, as I'm used to the MAC 150 & 129, although I used them both with no problem today. They applied my powder/bronzer/blush beautifully.

I love the eye brushes even more than the face brushes. The flat liner is amazing. Really great, tight bristles gives a superb line. The crease brush is just like Stila's #9 brush only smaller handle. The brow brush is really great, I played with it, I love that it's a lot smaller head than most, it allowed for better control for those people that really have to fake their brow shape. Although I'm more of a pencil girl myself, I just had to try it out. The last brush is a stiff shadow brush, I guess it would be comparable to the MAC 242, but softer & better to work with, IMO.

I really like the overall look of this set, it feels really glamorous. The Sephora pic does not do it justice. The teal blue clutch is shimmery, and it has a black patent leather band where it buttons. Hard to explain, but adorable. It says Body & Soul embroidered in silver where the clutch snaps, above the patent leather. It also has an adorable high heel pump as the zipper pull for the pouch inside.

Only gripes are that the pouch inside...I don't see it really holding anything but maybe blotting papers, it's super tiny. And that the 2 face brush heads are tiny, but I think that's just cause I'm used to the bigger MAC ones. I'd definitely repurchase this, although the high price tag, I think you can't go wrong. If you treat your brushes right they will last a lifetime.

on 7/18/2006 10:13:00 AM

I did not like these brushes and returned them to Sephora. What bugged me the most was that as expensive as they are, they don't fit well into the travel case. You have to fight like hell to get them into the tiny slots and the powder & blush brushes only fit into slots that leave them exposed instead of covered with plastic. Definitely pass on this travel kit. You can do better for lots less.

I'm a little on the fence about this set. The blush and powder brushes are excellent, very soft, no shedding. The all over eye brush is great. The push brush is okay, if a bit small. the other brushes are not very usable, IMO. the crease brush is too small and floppy and the other shadow brush is also too small. I realize this is a travel set, but that doesn't mean the brush heads should be so small as to be useless. The set is pricey for a travel set, but the case and overall look of the aqua is nice.

on 9/29/2005 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got the travel brush set as a gift and it is amazing!!!! It is really high quality and the brushes work really well. The set has everything you could possibly need to apply make-up. After I used all the make-up I was using looked so much better. I tossed all my other brushes in the garbage and this is all I'm using from now on. I would definately buy Body & Soul products again and it makes a great gift.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best travel set! It has a smaller version (but by no means mini!) of the powder, blush, e/s, e/s blender, concealor, e/l push brush, and small eyebrow brush. These have the cutest retro wooden seafoam colored handles, too -- fabulous after all the black handled brushes. They're all natural. I've had mine for about 7 months, and haven't experienced any shedding at all. I love the e/s brush so much because it's small enough to fit exactly in my crease that I use it everyday. :) The set is $85 at Sephora, and worth every penny IMO. ***Edited 5/27/06 - I've gotten quite a few inquires regarding how I like these travel brushes still, and I have to say that I still love them. They've held up incredibly well, haven't become scratchy or shed like crazy. I still use them quite a bit, and now that I'm tightlining my eye, I've started using the push brush a lot - it's a tiny bit smaller head wise than the any of the other push brushes I have, which I like as it gives me more control. I would still reccommend this brush set to anyone, as they are very high quality.