PANTENE Scrunching Gel

Filtered by skin type : Combination
PANTENE Scrunching Gel

4.2

on 1/7/2010 2:31:00 AM

I have used this in both the scrunching gel & spray gel. Both are great at taming my wavy/curly hair. The spray seems to have a slightly stronger hold and can go a bit crunchy if over-used.

In general, I think this is an excellent drugstore gel. It provided great hold for my naturally curly/wavy, dry, color-treated, fine hair. It left my curls and waves, shiny, soft and moisturized. My hair was also full of body with no frizz. There was no stickiness. (In fact, the gel rinses off your hands with plain water, even though it has a silicone ingredient.) I used it over a leave-in conditioner and had a little bit of flaking. (I'm not sure if the flaking was because of using the gel with leave-in or due to the gel alone. I may have used too much gel.) The small amount of flaking was easy to gently dab out of my hair. I was even able to get three days of curls out of one gel application. I simply reactivated curls by wetting my palms with water and running my hands through my hair. The price is a little expensive for such a small tube of gel. I wish they made a larger size. But I'm just glad this gel is available and I hope they never reformulate it or discontinue it. I highly recommend it.

I really wanted to like this product...Unfortunately, I was not satisfied and I returned it. What I liked about this gel was the fresh scent, it did not flake or cause buildup/residue, it is non-sticky, controled frizz, and worked better on my hair than Tresseme's Bouncy Curls gel. What I didn't like about this gel was that it made my hair somewhat dried out, even when i mixed it with a bit of serum.Overall, I will not be repurchasing this gel, but in fairness, it is MUCH better than the other gels/styling products from Pantene. This is a decent d/s gel, just not for me.

on 1/19/2009 7:21:00 PM

I have purchased this gel again and again. It gives me consistantly decent hair days for my thick, dry curly/wavy hair. Although I continue on the search for the 'perfect' product, I always come back this one. I have used it on its own, as well as in conjunction with other products. I hope they never discontinue this one.

on 5/4/2005 12:23:00 PM

I took a chance on this, thinking OK, am tired of spending $$ on expensive products for my curly/wavy hair. I was so pleased with the results!!! This provided curl definition, soft, no crunch (big plus) and you can't beat the price.

Personally, I think this stuff is great. my wavy hair gets super curly when i combine this gel with Pantene Flexible Hold hairspray. (i've been wanting to get the Curl Lock hairspray, but haven't seen it anywhere in stores). anyways, this is a great product. easy to use, and comes in two forms. the spray gel is great for spots you might miss when you simply use your hands. the squeeze bottle is easy to use and handle. i love the smell, and it's definitly worth the money.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this product! I have thick curly hair and it gives me curl definition without crunchiness. It gives me a nice soft curl for my medium length hair. I love that I don't have to blow dry it after the shower at the gym, but I usually do in the morning. The transparent gel has more of a creamy texture than a gel. The scent is very light. I loved using Aveda's Be Curly but the scent was just so strong.

this gel went on kinda sticky but after you work it in i could hardly feel it. it held ok without any crunchiness but it's not better than any other gels i've tried.

on 11/23/2001 5:07:00 PM

This is a great gel that gives you excellent curl definition when used on slightly damp hair. Has a wonderful smell to it also. I was torn between this and Physique Spiral Gel (which I tried and it made my hair feel dry). For the price and performance, this is a must have.

Popular Styling Products