PANTENE Scrunching Gel

PANTENE Scrunching Gel

I am in love with this product. I have been using it for a couple months now. I have curly medium length hair and i have never found a product thats works this well on my hair! Im not much of a fan of Gel's but this is the only exception. Usually gel's leave my hair with a crunchy feeling that sometimes flakes. But what's different about this gel is that when you put it on and it completely dry's it starts of crunchy. But this grotesque feeling doesn't last long. Once your hair is completely dry and you start to feel the crunch, all you have to do is scrunch the crunch out. And after this is done it leaves your hair so soft to the touch, with an extremely natural feel. Another great thing is most gel's you have to watch to make sure your not putting too much in your hair so that it weighs down, with this product you can never have too much and the end results wont change. Usually I use more when i want my hair looking extra curly.

The only Con to this product is that the container it comes in doesn't last me very long, but other than that I love it.

Pro's: extremely cheap( 3-4$ )
leaves your hair so light and natural

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite curl-shaping product I've used thus far. I've gone through creames, mousses, sprays, gels... you name it. This one beats them all. It doesn't leave your hair hard or crunchy, it gives the right amount of curl, and my hair still looks and feels pretty soft by the end of the day. Not to mention it stays curly too! If you want a curling product that you can just scrunch into your hair while it's wet, something that you can put in when you're in a rush, this is the best for you.

on 1/19/2009 7:21:00 PM

I have purchased this gel again and again. It gives me consistantly decent hair days for my thick, dry curly/wavy hair. Although I continue on the search for the 'perfect' product, I always come back this one. I have used it on its own, as well as in conjunction with other products. I hope they never discontinue this one.

on 5/16/2008 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have come back to this a few times and it really works well on my fine, naturally curly hair. I usually use in conjunction with another product, either over a mousse or mix together with a cream (like noodle head) and get great results. I don't mind a little crunch at first, once I scrunch my hair when it's mostly dry the crunch goes away and I get great definition that lasts.If I use product that doesn't have a little crunch at first, my hair usually ends up a bit unruly eventually. And, as others have said, you cannot beat the price.

on 3/14/2006 2:38:00 PM

I have long, coarse wavy/curly hair. This gel left my hair smooth and frizz-free. The gel has a nice scent to it that does not linger. As long as it is not applied heavily, my hair stays quite soft and does not get crunchy. This is my second time buying this product and I will probably buy it again unless it suddenly stops cooperating with my hair.

on 7/6/2004 10:52:00 AM

I've used this gel for years and still love it. I use it while my hair is still wet, scrunch with a towel, and let it air dry. It gives pretty good definition, definitely doesn't weigh my hair down, and gives it body without being frizzy. A little more curl separation would be great, but it's still ok. Doesn't leave hair sticky or crunchy. Curls look natural. I would highly recommend this for those with fine hair.

on 11/29/2003 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this product. I have wavy hair that tends to fall flat on top and have undefined waves underneath. I use this when I don't want to straighten it. I have oily scalp and dry ends, my hair was not greasy. I let it airdry mostly with a few blasts from the blowdryer. My only complaint: I think if I overscrunch my hair looks a bit poodle like. Other than that, good product and CHEAP!

on 1/7/2010 2:31:00 AM

I have used this in both the scrunching gel & spray gel. Both are great at taming my wavy/curly hair. The spray seems to have a slightly stronger hold and can go a bit crunchy if over-used.

In general, I think this is an excellent drugstore gel. It provided great hold for my naturally curly/wavy, dry, color-treated, fine hair. It left my curls and waves, shiny, soft and moisturized. My hair was also full of body with no frizz. There was no stickiness. (In fact, the gel rinses off your hands with plain water, even though it has a silicone ingredient.) I used it over a leave-in conditioner and had a little bit of flaking. (I'm not sure if the flaking was because of using the gel with leave-in or due to the gel alone. I may have used too much gel.) The small amount of flaking was easy to gently dab out of my hair. I was even able to get three days of curls out of one gel application. I simply reactivated curls by wetting my palms with water and running my hands through my hair. The price is a little expensive for such a small tube of gel. I wish they made a larger size. But I'm just glad this gel is available and I hope they never reformulate it or discontinue it. I highly recommend it.

I really wanted to like this product...Unfortunately, I was not satisfied and I returned it. What I liked about this gel was the fresh scent, it did not flake or cause buildup/residue, it is non-sticky, controled frizz, and worked better on my hair than Tresseme's Bouncy Curls gel. What I didn't like about this gel was that it made my hair somewhat dried out, even when i mixed it with a bit of serum.Overall, I will not be repurchasing this gel, but in fairness, it is MUCH better than the other gels/styling products from Pantene. This is a decent d/s gel, just not for me.