PANTENE Scrunching Gel

Filtered by age: 36-43
PANTENE Scrunching Gel

3.5

In general, I think this is an excellent drugstore gel. It provided great hold for my naturally curly/wavy, dry, color-treated, fine hair. It left my curls and waves, shiny, soft and moisturized. My hair was also full of body with no frizz. There was no stickiness. (In fact, the gel rinses off your hands with plain water, even though it has a silicone ingredient.) I used it over a leave-in conditioner and had a little bit of flaking. (I'm not sure if the flaking was because of using the gel with leave-in or due to the gel alone. I may have used too much gel.) The small amount of flaking was easy to gently dab out of my hair. I was even able to get three days of curls out of one gel application. I simply reactivated curls by wetting my palms with water and running my hands through my hair. The price is a little expensive for such a small tube of gel. I wish they made a larger size. But I'm just glad this gel is available and I hope they never reformulate it or discontinue it. I highly recommend it.

on 5/16/2008 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have come back to this a few times and it really works well on my fine, naturally curly hair. I usually use in conjunction with another product, either over a mousse or mix together with a cream (like noodle head) and get great results. I don't mind a little crunch at first, once I scrunch my hair when it's mostly dry the crunch goes away and I get great definition that lasts.If I use product that doesn't have a little crunch at first, my hair usually ends up a bit unruly eventually. And, as others have said, you cannot beat the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The product I used is "Curl Defining Scrunching Gel, Extra Hold".

This is an OK gel but not amazing. It leaves a bit of a crunchy and stiff feel on my hair, but it does not flake. It can add some curl if you scrunch it through, but not amazing. I've used better curl enhancers.

At about $7.99 here in Canada, I will not likely repurchase. continued >>

on 9/7/2005 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is affordable (I got it for $2.50 on sale at Fred Meyer) and has a neutral fragrance. It also defines "scrunched" curls well in my fine, curly hair. However, it gave me terrible crunchies that turned into puffies when I tried to use a pick. I ended up returning it, as well as the volumizing hairspray.

Popular Styling Products