MAC Matte Bronze

MAC Matte Bronze

4.2

Zinc Stearate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Myristate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

Love this bronze, more on the cool side which is nice, good for contouring. I just wish sometimes it was a little more pigmented. But at the other side its buildable.

on 9/22/2017 1:09:00 PM

I find the bronzer a tad bit too red for my liking. Moreover it is very very sheer!!! I have hit pan on it super quick. If you want a decent bronzer just buy hoola.

on 7/2/2017 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this bronzer merely a decade ago but went back for it. MAC is truly a pioneer in cosmetics. A lot of companies, such as Benefit, have come out with brown bronzers but MAC did it first and did it right. This product looks healthy on me (NC30). It is not shimmery like majority of bronzers right now. It looks like a believable tan. I apply my Studio Fix powder and then this. This is one of the fews that does not turn orange on me. The final look is polished and no blush is needed. Thank you, MAC, again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

**when something is TOO pigmented. I am NC20 & this is too dark on me. I prefer Chanel becoz it's a lot paler so it doesn't look like I'm an extra for the cast of jersey shore the reunion 20 years where have they been MTV special. (lol) it just is too dark i should've considered myself warned when the phone operator tried to tactfully talk me out of it but i thought MAC + matte + bronzer I thought would be good. It's good if you aren't real PPP I am LLL but still this is a good product worth 5/5 if I use a light hand. I don't have this problem w Benefit hoola nor Chanel, elf, NYX, Nars Laguna etc

on 8/26/2017 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This bronzer is 'OK'. I like this bronzer mostly cuz it's matte. It's very++ sheer on application so I need to be heavy handed when applying. A very natural looking bronzer. Its a true matte brown, leaning cool. I've had no issues with it being orangey or muddy when I apply it. It's a very soft natural looking bronzer, not too pigmented. Fine milled, there's no kickback so no product waste. I hardly use this in the summer (TheBalm- Bahama Mama is my summer choice, cuz it's strongly pigmented and perfect for my tanned skin). But this bronzer works best for me during the winter months as I get paler. Strongly recommend this as a starter bronzer, this is a good quality bronzer. (For reference, I'm NC20-25)

on 1/17/2017 3:42:00 AM

LOVE THIS BRONZER! I have nc25 skin and find it gives my skin the perfect amount of contour and shading. Leaning toward warmer tones with my skin, it is quite brightening and not dull. I compared this with the Hoolah bronzer and find this to be better. The texture is nice and easy to use to apply and build up on. Very natural finish.

on 11/10/2016 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was so late to discover this true gem but I'm so glad I finally did!
I'll keep it brief. It's a beautiful neutral toned bronzer, without an unnatural orange or grey tinge to it. I've never been complimented on a mere bronzer more in my life, it just suits my skin so well.
It's not as heavily pigmented as many other bronzers on the market, however coverage can be built up depending on how much you prefer. Love this, and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

It works ok. I'm happy they do have a matte bronzer bc I do not like shimmery ones at all. This is not my fav though . I prefer cover fx matte blot powder in deep as I use it as a bronzer or mac powder blush in harmony works good As a bronzer too.

Honestly, this product is built up too much for what it's worth. First of all, nothing shows up. Ten more layers, still nothing shows up. And this is 26 dollars? I got this product when I was shopping for my mom on Mother's Day at Macys. This rude Russian lady from the Mac section of the store keeps barking on about how this like cherry lipstick would look good on me. I kept trying to say no thanks but she didn't really give me an option. Secondly, I'm in a seat while she applies the lip stick. I repetivley say no on the lipstick but casually ask about the bronzer( I thought it would compliment my white blonde highlights.) She suggests this bronzer without letting me try it on. I was hesitant because it's like you tried the lipstick on me how come not the bronzer. Now I know why. This bronzer looks yellowish and orangish, and is cakey. This reviews only purpose was to inform you on this product and save your money

on 9/24/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this the other day with a voucher and I'm really impressed! I've been using Too Faced Chocolate Soleil for over a year now but I find it can be quite heavy.
This one is a lovely warmer shade and I think the best part is being able to build it up! You can go for a heavier look or just something light and sun kissed. Its quite versatile which the best part.