MAC Cosmetics Matte Bronze

MAC Cosmetics Matte Bronze

4.2

Zinc Stearate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Myristate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 10/15/2018 7:18:00 PM

I am c1 to c2 nc20ish and this blends into my cheeks seamlessly. It doesnt look orange or muddy. Ive always had trouble finding a good bronzer. I dont contour, i simply just use this to warm up my skin. Id put this on my neck(if i am using c2 in face and body and it can be a tad dark so i use this bronzer to make my neck and chest match my face.) I also use this on the outside perimeters of my cheeks and some on the forehead. Basically "where the sun hits". I like that this is matte and does not have any shine or shimmer. I like how this makes me look more tan without it looking fake or too harsh.

This has become my everyday staple to help match my summer foundation to my neck. I dont want to get another shade for winter so my trick is to use this bronzer so i dont look like my face is darker than my chest. It adds color in a subtle way because its not super pigmented so its buildable and layerable to your preference. If its too harsh, you can mess up a lot faster and easier. Ive tried and hated hoola lite bronzer. That one had so much kickup and it just didnt look good on me. I much prefer this. Id recommend.

edit- i been using this as my transition shade for my eyeshadow and it works beauitful!!!! I love it because its now multi purpose. Hg

on 12/18/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would probably repurchase this, though I do prefer several bronzers from TooFaced and NARS, this is still a good product. It's matte and leans cool, so is great for my neutral NW25 skin tone, and works as a contour as well. It's as matte as Hoola, but seems a bit darker/leaning reddish, so if you are a fan of Hoola, you will definitely like this bronzer.

Love this bronze, more on the cool side which is nice, good for contouring. I just wish sometimes it was a little more pigmented. But at the other side its buildable.

on 9/22/2017 1:09:00 PM

I find the bronzer a tad bit too red for my liking. Moreover it is very very sheer!!! I have hit pan on it super quick. If you want a decent bronzer just buy hoola.

on 8/26/2017 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This bronzer is 'OK'. I like this bronzer mostly cuz it's matte. It's very++ sheer on application so I need to be heavy handed when applying. A very natural looking bronzer. Its a true matte brown, leaning cool. I've had no issues with it being orangey or muddy when I apply it. It's a very soft natural looking bronzer, not too pigmented. Fine milled, there's no kickback so no product waste. I hardly use this in the summer (TheBalm- Bahama Mama is my summer choice, cuz it's strongly pigmented and perfect for my tanned skin). But this bronzer works best for me during the winter months as I get paler. Strongly recommend this as a starter bronzer, this is a good quality bronzer. (For reference, I'm NC20-25)

on 7/2/2017 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this bronzer merely a decade ago but went back for it. MAC is truly a pioneer in cosmetics. A lot of companies, such as Benefit, have come out with brown bronzers but MAC did it first and did it right. This product looks healthy on me (NC30). It is not shimmery like majority of bronzers right now. It looks like a believable tan. I apply my Studio Fix powder and then this. This is one of the fews that does not turn orange on me. The final look is polished and no blush is needed. Thank you, MAC, again!

**when something is TOO pigmented. I am NC20 & this is too dark on me. I prefer Chanel becoz it's a lot paler so it doesn't look like I'm an extra for the cast of jersey shore the reunion 20 years where have they been MTV special. (lol) it just is too dark i should've considered myself warned when the phone operator tried to tactfully talk me out of it but i thought MAC + matte + bronzer I thought would be good. It's good if you aren't real PPP I am LLL but still this is a good product worth 5/5 if I use a light hand. I don't have this problem w Benefit hoola nor Chanel, elf, NYX, Nars Laguna etc

on 1/17/2017 3:42:00 AM

LOVE THIS BRONZER! I have nc25 skin and find it gives my skin the perfect amount of contour and shading. Leaning toward warmer tones with my skin, it is quite brightening and not dull. I compared this with the Hoolah bronzer and find this to be better. The texture is nice and easy to use to apply and build up on. Very natural finish.

on 11/10/2016 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was so late to discover this true gem but I'm so glad I finally did!
I'll keep it brief. It's a beautiful neutral toned bronzer, without an unnatural orange or grey tinge to it. I've never been complimented on a mere bronzer more in my life, it just suits my skin so well.
It's not as heavily pigmented as many other bronzers on the market, however coverage can be built up depending on how much you prefer. Love this, and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 9/24/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this the other day with a voucher and I'm really impressed! I've been using Too Faced Chocolate Soleil for over a year now but I find it can be quite heavy.
This one is a lovely warmer shade and I think the best part is being able to build it up! You can go for a heavier look or just something light and sun kissed. Its quite versatile which the best part.