Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

3.8

on 3/31/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first loved this when I was in high school! It wasn't so much one I wore but I probably borrowed it from my mom or one of my sisters. I bought it occasionally through the years and have had the same bottle stored in my "perfume stash" for a long time.
I've been wearing it so much lately that I am probably going to have to purchase a new bottle soon. This same bottle I've been using has lasted me literally years! It's funny how you can come to appreciate something after so long.
I do love the powdery dry down of this and many fragrances. I am a powder-ho when it comes to scent. I love the rich resinous smell of Timeless around the sprayer but when I first apply it that only lasts a brief few moments. I keep sniffing the sprayer to get that full bodied aroma. For me the payoff of Timeless is after wearing it all day and then even this morning as I type this review I can smell the warm snuggly softness of it.
I have the body cream in the jar and the talc also. It a very pretty scent if you like powdery or oriental type fragrances. I love Shalimar and own it in EDT. I like wearing it but I don't consider Timeless and Shalimar to be reminiscent of the same scent. Both are beautiful in their own right.

on 8/19/2014 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wore only Avon fragrances for a long time and lately I have branched out into more expensive perfumes. After purging most of my Avon scents I kept a few that I think are truly special for they have good sillage and longevity: Rare Gold, Rare Pearls, Night Magic Evening Musk, Far Away and Timeless with the latter being my favorite of the five. Timeless is such a classic and smells really expensive but isn't. It's a lovely mix of amber, leather, woods and musk that wears all day. Avon got rid of this once and so many people were angry that they brought it back again and have kept it.....anyone who orders from Avon knows how they are constantly discontinuing things. This came out in 1974 and has stood the test of time. I can't say enough about this fragrance and it will always be in my collection.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

To me, this smells more like Obsession without the skank, than Shalimar. I really enjoy the leathery woody scent of this.

on 12/17/2011 10:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A classic, leather-chypre, rather nice and warm in the old style. It's a bit masculine, but the warm leather is cozy and it's a wonderful almost skin scent once it dries down from the initial blasting onset of LOUD. This one actually does deserve to be timeless. Very nice. Definitely won't appeal to the fruityfloral crowd.

I like this, NOT love it. It is a mature scent, notice, I didn't say an old lady scent, that is powdery(A LOT, to me, anyway!), a bit strong and harsh in its opening. It is a warm, spicy, oriental-floral. I get a bit of an ambery incense, as well. It seems as if I hear a lot of, "All Avon perfumes smell alike." Well, NOT so with Timeless! It is different from others in Avon's lineup, as is Candid and Odyssey. I seem to prefer Avon's "oldies" to their newer offerings. From a catalog, it says it has notes of fresh greens, sheer florals, jasmine, patchouli, vetiver,
amber(ah, so it is in there!), oakmoss, musk. A unique offering from Avon. Prefer it on the drydown.

on 6/13/2005 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I was so intrigued by the reviews that I bought some. BLEECH, soured baby powder and old perfume smell. I did NOT smell the Amber or light florals. I did remember that someone in HS had this once I smelled it. Just not for me.

Popular Fragrances