Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

1 review

on 6/27/2012 1:55:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The Timeless I am reviewing is from a vintage bottle. I bought a small cute Avon bottle at Goodwill, thinking I would dump the contents and use it to hold rosewater on my bathroom rack. But I tried a dab of it on my wrist first, and I thanked my lucky stars I hadn't poured away this treasure that only cost me 99 cents!

Chanel no. 19, my favorite scent, came out in 1972 and Timeless only a few years later IIRC. I expect chypres were in at the time due to no. 19, and the two scents definitely share a mossy, leathery kinship. Where No 19 tops the darker, leathery notes with white rose and crisp greens, Timeless goes in a richer more Oriental direction with amber, vanilla, resinous incense and warm musk.

My bottle of Timeless is clearly the worse for age, and no wonder because it's been exposed to light for who knows how many years. It has an obvious initial smell of staleness and damaged topnotes. But it's still worth wearing, because in 20 minutes the heart ad basenotes really take over and all its lovely complexity comes to the fore. Real oakmoss, yum.

Popular Fragrances