Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

on 3/31/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first loved this when I was in high school! It wasn't so much one I wore but I probably borrowed it from my mom or one of my sisters. I bought it occasionally through the years and have had the same bottle stored in my "perfume stash" for a long time.
I've been wearing it so much lately that I am probably going to have to purchase a new bottle soon. This same bottle I've been using has lasted me literally years! It's funny how you can come to appreciate something after so long.
I do love the powdery dry down of this and many fragrances. I am a powder-ho when it comes to scent. I love the rich resinous smell of Timeless around the sprayer but when I first apply it that only lasts a brief few moments. I keep sniffing the sprayer to get that full bodied aroma. For me the payoff of Timeless is after wearing it all day and then even this morning as I type this review I can smell the warm snuggly softness of it.
I have the body cream in the jar and the talc also. It a very pretty scent if you like powdery or oriental type fragrances. I love Shalimar and own it in EDT. I like wearing it but I don't consider Timeless and Shalimar to be reminiscent of the same scent. Both are beautiful in their own right.

on 4/12/2007 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A very underrated scent (though it's current overall rating here [4] is surprisingly high!). Very unusual, quality scent for the price. I always see it listed as a chypre, but it doesn't seem one to my nose...and it contains no moss (generally considered one of the primary chypre notes). I'd classify it as an oriental...it's resinous, woody, and a touch gourmand. It would rate a 5 if it weren't a bit more powdery than I would like. I always think I smell chocolate in it, though it's not in the note list, which is: Aldehyde, Lemon, Bergamot, Gardenia, Cedar, Patchouli, Rose, Orris, Frankincense, Opopanax, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Tonka Bean.

Popular Fragrances