Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

4.5

on 7/15/2013 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Last year I got all excited, being heavily into chypres, by the reviews, talk and notes of Timeless. Got a really cheap deal on ebay for two cute vintage unicorn bottles of 'ultra cologne'. Definitely vintage as the sticker on the bottom said the cologne was made in Western Germany (fascinating! was it cheaper to manufacture there? did Avon have a big factory? digressions..). I tried it. I HATED it. It provoked an instant revulsion that seemed to tie into some bad babysitter memory from my 70s childhood. I recognized some of the notes in it, but they were put together all wrong.
I didn't toss it, as I was interested my strong reaction to it, wanting to keep it for reference. Would I dig up that memory? Who knows, but it was fun to dig it out every once in a while and shudder.
A year later, I tried it again, and - get out - I really like it. The nose learns a lot, and by trying many different scents over the past months I think its parameters have been stretched and strengthened. The palette grows, you recognize more, pathways are built, etc. etc. At the end of the day I have a vintage chypre that has a great unisex quality, shades of Shalimar but with a masculine vibe, and lovely depths. So, keep your hateds and drag them out every once in a while, if only for the creepy thrills but also to possibly discover a new love.

I used to wear Timeless in the 70's and just bought another bottle yesterday. Mmmmm, this is just plain warmth in a bottle. Smells ambery - like warm skin. And the price is fabulous! Only about $7 for a 2oz bottle - can't beat that!

on 7/12/2003 12:08:00 PM

Love this scent!!!!!! I bought 2 (count them 2!) bottles when it was on sale about 3 months ago and I'm nearly finished with the 1st bottle! This scent is truly "Timeless".
It is a rarity in the perfume world, one that can be worn by everyone and year round!!! Definite re-purchase!!!

This light spicy fragrance has been around for a long time. I loved it from the first time I snuck a whiff of my mother's bottle.

Popular Fragrances