Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

Filtered by age: 25-29
Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

3.7

I have been wanting to re-write my review of this fragrance for a long time. I based my first review on a single test of this fragrance, and although my first impression was positive, now that I own the fragrance and have used it more...well, I just feel I have more to say about it.

I've been reading all other reviews for this perfume, I agree with the reviewers who say it's not for everyone, it's a "personal taste" fragrance. I can't list notes, as my nose simply lacks the training for that, but I do know this fragrance is classified as a chypre. I just recently became interested in chypre fragrances, so please excuse my lack of knowledge about them.

There are chypres and chypres. There is Aromatics Elixir, which is beautiful, but maybe a bit too "rich old lady driving her Mercedes" as my sister would say. AE is also very stong and potent, so, yeah, it's one of those fragrances that upsets people. Then there's Paloma Picasso, which is the fragrance equivalent to pointy black stilettos and sexy lingerie. Then there's Miss Dior, which is all pretty pearls and bows. Miss Dior is the type of chypre I like, pretty creamy florals and some mossy woods. Miss Dior is pure beauty, but I find the top notes are sometimes a bit to sharp for my chemistry.

Timeless reminds me of Miss Dior. Timeless is pretty, creamy florals and mossy woods. It also has a hint of spices and smoke, but nothing over the top.Timeless is lighter, softer and more mellow than Miss Dior. This is a very wearable, pretty chypre, for starters, like myself, or for anyone that likes their chypres on the floral side.

Timeless brings to my mind images of Catherine Deneuve back in the 60's, when she wore her pretty, pretty YSL dresses, black Roger Vivier shoes and wore her hair half up. This fragrance is that kind of pretty. Some may call it old fashioned. But I call it Timeless.

on 1/25/2010 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The other reviewers are right, this is definitely one of those "personal taste" perfumes. I believe Timeless has a vintage, classic scent. It smells like several expensive indie perfumer "vintage inspired" perfumes I own, which I LOVE. It is not for everyone. But, if you love that somewhat spicy, chypre, vintage attitude, with a little smoke, I think this smells amazing. I bought a single bottle for $6.99 and a 5-piece set for $9.99! In my opinion, it does not smell the least bit cheap. I will buy this again and again for the warm, cozy drydown and luxurious feel. It is a favorite - even though I also like soft florals, it is not too heavy for me. Lasted all day. Totally worth trying, for the price!

on 4/9/2009 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

reeeks!!! this smells like a very old lady perfume. Avon should be banned selling from this fragrance.

Popular Fragrances