no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

8 years ago

I love this stuff! So why only three stars? I am highly allergic to something in it. So this has become a very expensive hand cream because I love the scent so much. After a day of using it my face broke out into tiny hives around my cheeks and neck - thought it was something else so I kept on using it. After about a week the hives got worse. No break out around my hands though - so I really do think the fragrance is too strong for my face.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

10 years ago

Let me start by saying that I have EXTREMELY sensitive, combination/dry skin. If I use anything to light, I dry out. If I use anything to heavy, I break out. And nearly everything causes a reaction of some kind. I have tried everything from Avon to La Mer to dermatologists' brands and recommendations and beyond. This is the best moisturizer I have found in over 15 years of searching for an answer. It is just rich enough to be moisturizing, but absorbs nicely, and never feels greasy. It makes your skin feel silky and wears well under make-up. Once it absorbs (almost on contact), you don't feel it on your face -- it just feels like soft, hydrated skin. It is not an *anti-aging* product filled with peptides, retinols, AHA's, BHA's, etc. But it is anti-aging. It has lots of antioxidants and soothing ingredients, a few of which are Panax ginseng, rose, honey, and multiple vitamins. It also contains hyaluronic acid. It provides an often overlooked essential for keeping skin youthful looking -- moisture. And for those who have a concern, it doesn't contain petroleum or mineral oil -- it gets its wonderful texture and moisturizing properties from apricot kernel oil, and other natural oils. I LOVE this cream. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because it IS very strongly scented, and that can be a problem. Otherwise, it's perfection. I nearly freaked out when I saw that this was no longer available on the Jo Malone website. I was so relieved when I found out her entire skin care range is now available on the Nordstrom and Bloomingdales websites. Oh, and I noticed someone was wondering why it is called a day cream since it doesn't have an SPF. I assume it is because it is a lighter textured cream, suitable for daytime use (under make-up), whereas Jo Malone's night cream is extremely rich and would probably be a greasy mess if used in the AM. But the Ginseng Day Moisturising Cream can be used successfully anytime, honestly. If you're super dry, try using it in conjunction with the Orange and Geranium Night Cream -- they will work wonders!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesBlue

11 years ago

If it weren't Bloomingdale's "b money", I probably would have never touched anything from this brand. It is pretty expensive for its size. I have combination skin, and this cream works pretty well during winter; just enough moisturization for my dry t-zone, and not too oily for my cheeks. The scent is pleasant and does feel nice on the face. Too bad this is Jo's only moisturizer, I would want to try its lotion if it has one. When I was at the counter, the SA kept pushing the Vitamin E line... which is outrageously expensive. I probably won't buy again... because of its price range.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

HairBlack

11 years ago

I love this moisturizer. Yes: it is heavily scented and does not contain sun protection. But if you are looking for a simple yet luxurious moisturizer with great texture, you will like it a lot. It is rich but absorbs well, and my makeup looks so much better when I use this moisturizer underneath. Since I began to use this moisturizer I do not need any blot paper or powder anymore: my makeup just looks very fresh and natural all day long. I have normal-dry skin, and this keeps my skin moisturized without a hint of greasiness. I am very impressed and will repurchase.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

12 years ago

I love this moisturizer. I have normal to dry skin and use this one daily. I'm now on my second full size jar. Pricey, but not much more than comparable creams. I just wish I didn't have to deal with the Jo Malone attitude and lack of availability. Living in Charlotte, I'm stuck with either ordering on-line (meaning I can't play at the counter with other products) or dealing with my not-so friendly Neimen Marcus counter rep (who still won't let me play with other products even though I'm paying for their cream and perfume). Product wise, I've stopped looking for a better moisturizer because I'm in love with this one. It makes my face soft and silky feeling without being too heavy. I'll admit the texture is a little scary because it looks like it would be too heavy and thick, but give it a try because it goes on light and silky.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal

EyesHazel

12 years ago

After reading the reviews on this product I decided to give it a try. It is a wonderful moisturizer! I have been using it now for about a week and I can feel the difference. It makes my skin soft and my makeup stays on nicely with it. The fragrance is nice - I don't think it is too overwhelming; well, maybe the first night I thought it was because my other moisturizer had no fragrance at all, but after the initial time I thought it was a very pleasant smell. It is a great product.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

from

13 years ago

Have a 7ml sample of this and have used it for the past few days. I can already feel the softness in my skin, and the scent of it is heavenly!! It must have some actives in it as it des sting slightly around my nose (hayfever!!!), but only for a few seconds. I am using this both morning and night and am lookng forward to purchasing the full size shortly. It is a cream that you use moderately - not a little and not alot, which I like. I dont find it greasy,and havent had any issues with greasiness at all (even on my slightly oily T-zone in 40 degree celicius heat!!). Am loving this and can see it becoming a beautiful luxurious favourite!!!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal

EyesGreen

15 years ago

I have normal to dry skin, and I've been really impressed with this moisturiser so far, and I'm onto my second jar! It's quite a rich cream but without the greasiness of some others. I've found that it absorbs really well into my skin, leaving it feeling soft and creating a perfect base for make-up. I'm not usually fond of fragranced skincare products, but the fragrance this has is just gorgeous. I have really sensitive skin, but I havent had any problems - only improvements.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesGreen

15 years ago

This is my favorite day cream of all time. This product makes my skin super soft and smooth without being too greasy. If you have oily skin though, this may not be your best bet. The smell alone is transporting. It smells like heaven. The only negative is the price point (Jo Malone's products do NOT come cheap!) but I still break down and buy it.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry, Dark

from

16 years ago

I bought this after using a freebie, its more than I would normally spend £32.50 for 100ml, but totally worth it. Sinks in and leaves a smooth base all day without any oiliness. Smell is delicious and lingers as a faint fragrance. Perfect if like me you apply straight out of the shower and can then wait 5mins for it to settle before makeup. I have tried a bunch Lancôme/ Clinique/ Eve Lom /Dermalogica of mid/high end moisturiser and previously never found enough difference not to go back to drugstore. Can't imagine going back now. I have combination skin, and this for me is a day moisturiser, if you have really dry skin keep looking.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29