Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 12/18/2016 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Better than Lancolme.arteliner?Better than Mac.black boots....This brush is a good one.I love it...Dries matte.You can go over it easy.I'm not into those felt tips at all.I Love this brush and formula

on 10/10/2016 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My only problem with this is that they discontinued the taupe. The brown is good for a fine line, but the taupe could be more dramatic for daytime wear.

It's tricky to learn to apply: Just rest your hand against your cheek to stabilize it and use a magnifying mirror.

I often add a drop of water to it so that it flows down into the base of my lashes to make a solid line and stay put all day. Yes, all day. It's the only liner that I've ever tried that really stayed put for 12 hours.

on 9/22/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

If you are an oily girl who has problems with eyeliner smudging and smeaing all over everywhere then this product is your saving grace. Ultra Liner Waterproof has been around for ever and I have used it off and on for ever. I recently went back to it and it's a "Why did I ever stray" moment when I use it every morning.

This product stays on so well it's a tad hard to remove every with a good makeup remover. I don't mind that because 99.9% of eyeliners smear like heck on me, even the so called "waterproof" liners.

I've never tried to do a cat eye with this as I only use it as an under eye liner. I apply my under eye concealer, set it with Laura Mercier loose powder and then apply this liner. The results are fab, no smearing for the entire day!

Please don't stop making this oldie but goodie Maybelline!!!

•has a glossy/vinyl finish due to the waterproof factor, get the normal kind for a matte finish
•has a short brush applicator and a decently long wand
•it stays true to the waterproof claim, but is glue-like and will peel off if tampered with

--- I've noticed in other reviews on this liner that many who have had issues with it also have oily lids. I have them too, and I think that's maybe why it removes so easily?? I'm not sure, but that may be a contributing factor to the outcome of the formula ---

I actually wasn't really into this eyeliner until I ran out of my old go-to: WetnWild mega liner and couldn't find it at Walmart, the only place in my area that I knew of that sold it. At first I didn't really enjoy the shiny finish or the fact that it could peel off if it got messed with. But I eventually warmed up to it, clean up was much easier; if I made a mistake, I just had to wait for it to dry and then I would just dab with a wet wipe and gently rub with my finger, no smudges! And for build up on the rim of the bottle, just moisten with a wipe and peel away👌

on 7/21/2016 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I purchased this liner because it is getting increasingly difficult to find a brown liquid liner, and this one from Maybelline is available in brown. I feel black liquid liners are too harsh. This product is a bit tricky to apply with the included brush. Once the product is applied, it looks very nice although the effort required to get a clean, precise line is difficult as I find this applies thickly and you need to have a very steady hand to get it right since it is not a felt tip applicator which I think are much easier to use.

on 7/18/2016 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i really like the packaging, but the product just isn't my cup of tea. the applicator is nice and the thin tip is ideal for precise cat eyes. however, this just slid off my oily eyelids and flaked off at my wing ends. good price, but just didn't work for me personally :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

My eyelids eat eye makeup. They truly are that oily and because they are so oily they demand waterproof makeup because anything else will simply melt off throughout the day. I've tried all kinds of high and low end liners with rave reviews and they've all ended up migrating underneath my eyes in unattractive smudges. This is the only thing that has stayed put time after time. It's also incredibly pigmented and smooth. So my lines stay true black and as defined as when I first put them on in the morning.

The packaging is nothing to get excited about, but it works. It stays closed in my makeup bag and keeps the liquid inside from getting gloopy too fast. The price is right since I replace my eye products every 2-3 months. The brush itself is good quality. It allows me to get very thin lines that hug the eye, create thick lines and wing out the liner.

Yes, Ultra Liner is tricky to work with. If you use too much or layer it on too thick it's going to flake off. That's because it's adhering to your skin and that is what makes it stay on so well. It is not affected at all by the oil slick that sits on my eyelids. In fact, when I shower at night it's the only part of my makeup that is completely unaffected by the water and my face wash. It lasts through a 12 hour work day and THEN a shower. If you take the time to learn to work with it it's that good. Surprisingly, it's easy to remove and comes right off with a little coconut oil massaged into the lashes.

The biggest annoyance about Ultra Liner is that it can get into your lashes while you're applying and that can make them a little sticky or clumpy. I deal with this by using a mascara wand to separate my lashes again. It's a small price to pay for eyeliner that lasts all day and into the night. I'll keep repurchasing this baby until I can't wear liquid eyeliner anymore.

on 4/23/2016 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had to throw this eyeliner out because it just FLAKES so much! It's staying power is terrible and parts of it will flake off by then end of the day. It even flakes off when I try to remove it with makeup wipes instead instead of just wiping off like normal eyeliners.

[0]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Favorite eyeliner. It goes on really smooth, nice pigment, and pretty affordable. The downside is that it sometimes flakes off so I don't know about that.

on 3/13/2016 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Although I used this eyeliner for many years, let's be honest, it kind of sucks. It has one very important redeeming quality however - once it dries, it does not transfer. Since discovering eye primer, I've learned how truly awful this eyeliner is.

I tried it again after not using it for about 6 months and I hated it! very difficult to get a nice smooth line compared to other liquid liners.