Alba Botanica Lipcare 18 spf

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Active: Padimate O (7.5%), Oxybenzone (5%), Other: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Natural Flavors, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Lanolin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate And Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, And Echinacea Purpurea (Echinacea) Extract

on 8/30/2009 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

An OK lipbalm

Pros - unscented, great SPF, can't beat the price

Cons - doesn't seem to have long-term moisturizing benefits, probably best used for the SPF under your regular lipcolor.

on 12/31/2008 6:27:00 AM

This lip balm is great for sun protection, and it tastes yummy, a bit like honey, but it isn't moisturising enough for me. I still like it, I just use a moisturising, non-SPF lip balm when I'm not in the sun to prevent my lips from drying out.

on 7/30/2007 9:08:00 PM

I use different lip balms for different needs. I use this lip balm when I want my lips to feel moisturized without feeling oily (I have another balm for this purpose) or waxy (I never want waxy-feeling lips). So many lip balms just feel like wax once applied; whereas, this one feels like lotion on my lips but also has staying power due to the wax it contains. Moisturizing, staying power, doesn't feel waxy, has SPF!!

A staple, which I can buy at my local co-op for about $2.50.

Ingredients: Padimate O 7.5%, Oxybenzone 5.0%, Castor oil (ricinus communis), candelilla wax (euphorbia cerifera), beeswax (cera alba), natural flavors, jojoba oil (simmondsia chinesis), lanolin, carnauba wax (copernicia cerifera), olive oil (olea europaea), tocopheryl acetate and tocopherol (vitamin E), evening primrose oil (oenothera biennis), soybean oil (glycine soja) and echinacea (echinacea purpurea) extract.

continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

No scent, but it's a good, basic lipbalm. I don't have to reapply constantly, which I like. It does feel more like it's "protecting" your lips rather than sinking in and moisturizing, but my lips don't feel dry when I have it on. It doesn't leave gloss, so if you're looking for a balm that isn't shiny, this would be a good one. I'm also told that it makes my lips soft and kissable. I also like the SPF. Unless I find something I like better, this gets the job done, so I'd repurchase.

on 7/6/2003 1:07:00 PM

I didn't find this tube lip balm to be very moisturizing. I have dry/normal skin so it might work better for someone with normal to oily skin. It's non-irritating and contains the active ingredients: Padimate O and Oxybenzone in a base of castor oil. It's unscented.