Chanel Jeans de Chanel

No Image

4.8

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Colourings: Asian MAC NC25-30

I was so lucky to score this on ebay recently. I don't know why i didn't get this sooner. It is such a gorgeous pallette and really nice quality too! I have tried their quads before and didn't really like the texture/quality of them. It even has its own sponge applicator hidden neatly in the pouch! too cute! I have found the colors apply better (more intense) when used with a sponge applicator as opposed to brushes, which is okay, but irritating. The colours are very flattering and not tacky. I love how it's so versatile, it can be dressed up or down.

on 4/10/2006 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this is the best Chanel eye palette ever made- the concept is fabulous, the colors all very wearable, layerable, modern and chic. As always it's the super satin eyeshadow formula which never cakes and can be used wet or dry.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the one Chanel palette that I will not part with. I had dreams about it for months before I could get my hands on it. Luckily, I found a brand new one and have cherished it eversince.
I usually don't look good in cool colors until I found this baby. The colors combine to give a very classy look. LOVE IT! For reference, I'm Asian with medium skin and dark hair/eyes.

on 12/2/2004 10:37:00 PM

This is one of my all time fav make up product and it's collectable too since it's the limited edition and also the packaging is really nice and very unique. I first bought it becuz of the packaging and its concept (the Jeans color concept) cuz I thought it's cool. But I didn't really like the color at first becuz I didn't actually tried it on my face (only tried on my hand). But, then after I start using it, I just love the color. Inside the package, it also provides the small make up tips figures of how to apply each color on your eyes, so it helps a lot for people who doesn't really know how to put them on like me. This one give a different kind of smoky color. Not a black/gray smoky but dark blue/jeans smoky color which is very unique and goes well when you wear jeans or even for party dress at night. It's a great product to buy.

I have to say I'm a Chanel junkie- I love their products and have for years. Not so much the price mind you but the quality. My all time favorite piece of make-up was a Quad Chanel made called "Sublimes" which unfortunately a 'friend' stole. My poor heart was broken. I saw this a couple years later and thought it looked nice but it wasn't my beloved Sublimes. I put off buying this Quad for a while - finally buying a new one on ebay. I can't beleive I waited so long.

As always it has Chanel's wonderful texture. Retail was $55, I paid $28. Still even at $55 you get alot of product, a neat brush, cute denim pouch and idea book. I am fair skinned/ blonde hair & hazel eyes (green/brown) and there isn't a color I can't use.

My only complaint is the brush, while useful- I would definately suggest using a proper brush and not this.

If you can find this Quad buy it- its not my Sublimes but it is a lovely set of very usable denimy blues, charcoaly blues.

on 6/29/2004 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite Chanel eye shadow purchases. The colors really do remind me of a pair of jeans and their great for smoking up your eyes when you wear jeans. This will last me forever and I will use it forever; these colors won't go out of style.

on 6/29/2004 12:09:00 AM

I was very lucky to get a hold of this item since it's a limited edition item from Chanel's Fall 03 Collection. The BA in Bangkok at a local dept. store was kind enough to go to the trouble of fetching one of the last remaining eyeshadows of this color for me, and within 1 week I was in possession of my very own Jeans de Chanel, denim colored eyeshadow kit. I like it for the smooth texture and quality of the color. Would buy Chanel eyeshadows in other colors too.

on 3/2/2004 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

would buy this again in a heartbeat...by far the best piece of makeup i have ever bought! u can do sooo much and it will last u forever! just wish it wasnt le bc i wouldbuy another one!

I really love this quad. It looks lovely on my brown eyes, and I use it about twice a week. I just wish each color was separated by a divider- I don't like to mix my shadows together. The darkest shadow in this one is great for lining. I especially love the special brush and the cute little bag this one comes in. The insert on creative looks is also great. It gave me many new ideas. The quad is gorgeous and fun to use. Beautiful!

on 9/18/2003 9:49:00 PM

the most beautiful set of blues conceivable. it seems pricey at $55, but for the amount of product you get it's REALLY cheap. i bought the dior twist compact with this for $45 and it only has 1/4 as much product as this. to truly appreciate this you have to put it on. it's such a beautiful smokey blue/grey without any effort. you put the shades on and they automatically create a 3 dimentional look. IMO by far the best compact Chanel's ever made. the packaging is the greatest too..you have to try this.