CHANEL Jeans de Chanel

No Image

4.7

on 8/17/2006 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely the best eyeshadow quad I have ever purchased! I am fanatical about make-up products, and this one ranks right up there with the best of them. I am very blonde with lightly tanned skin and this quad makes it very easy to achieve that quintessential "smoky eye" without being too trampy...best of all, it's very easy to apply a lot or just a little and achieve too different effects. I don't think Chanel sells this anymore which makes me very worried about what I'm going to do when I run out...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Colourings: Asian MAC NC25-30

I was so lucky to score this on ebay recently. I don't know why i didn't get this sooner. It is such a gorgeous pallette and really nice quality too! I have tried their quads before and didn't really like the texture/quality of them. It even has its own sponge applicator hidden neatly in the pouch! too cute! I have found the colors apply better (more intense) when used with a sponge applicator as opposed to brushes, which is okay, but irritating. The colours are very flattering and not tacky. I love how it's so versatile, it can be dressed up or down.

I have to say I'm a Chanel junkie- I love their products and have for years. Not so much the price mind you but the quality. My all time favorite piece of make-up was a Quad Chanel made called "Sublimes" which unfortunately a 'friend' stole. My poor heart was broken. I saw this a couple years later and thought it looked nice but it wasn't my beloved Sublimes. I put off buying this Quad for a while - finally buying a new one on ebay. I can't beleive I waited so long.

As always it has Chanel's wonderful texture. Retail was $55, I paid $28. Still even at $55 you get alot of product, a neat brush, cute denim pouch and idea book. I am fair skinned/ blonde hair & hazel eyes (green/brown) and there isn't a color I can't use.

My only complaint is the brush, while useful- I would definately suggest using a proper brush and not this.

If you can find this Quad buy it- its not my Sublimes but it is a lovely set of very usable denimy blues, charcoaly blues.

on 9/19/2004 6:56:00 PM

Me: NW20-25. Black hair/blue eyes.

If you can find this, buy it! I was lucky enough to find it on gloss.com and I am not sorry that I ordered it. The colors work so well together and I love the booklet that it comes with.
The black shadow is my favorite b/c it is a soft black (almost charcoal-ish) that can be blended very easily. Plus, it doesn't flake onto your cheeks either -- which is a big plus!
This quad looks good with muted lips and cheeks and equally as good with pink flushed cheeks and pink lips. Very versatile!

on 6/29/2004 12:09:00 AM

I was very lucky to get a hold of this item since it's a limited edition item from Chanel's Fall 03 Collection. The BA in Bangkok at a local dept. store was kind enough to go to the trouble of fetching one of the last remaining eyeshadows of this color for me, and within 1 week I was in possession of my very own Jeans de Chanel, denim colored eyeshadow kit. I like it for the smooth texture and quality of the color. Would buy Chanel eyeshadows in other colors too.

Oh wow-I just love this palette! Each color is so unique. I love Chanel e/s, but these are smoother and even more pigmented than before. I think I have tried every combination possible and all of them looked wonderful. For the quality and the amount of e/s, this is well worth the price.

I really love this quad. It looks lovely on my brown eyes, and I use it about twice a week. I just wish each color was separated by a divider- I don't like to mix my shadows together. The darkest shadow in this one is great for lining. I especially love the special brush and the cute little bag this one comes in. The insert on creative looks is also great. It gave me many new ideas. The quad is gorgeous and fun to use. Beautiful!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh, this is just the cutest thing! I love blue eyeshadows, especially a set that has a range from lights to darks. The jeans pocket effect of the set is almost too cute to use. It's pricey (although I received it as a gift!) but the presentation and amount of colors you'll be able to cull from this make it worth it. So, so cute. Chanel's best palette in years.

on 8/25/2003 4:06:00 AM

This is really cute, and every single color, I mean EVERY SINGLE COLOR is neutral enough to be worn on my usually warm coloring. The texture of the shadows are very silky and velvety. They have very very subtle shimmery reflections when you look closely. But the problem I have with this is that they crease without using an eyebase. I probably won't dip into the shimmery seamlines that are supposed to resemble the real jeans seams, so it should look very good even with much usage. I do feel $55 is too expensive for something that creases without a base, but I am really satisfied with the colors in this palette.

Although I do feel there are other cheaper alternatives to the blues in this palette, but if you don't have any other blues, and don't usually wear any, this is a good one to splurge on. continued >>

on 8/15/2003 11:41:00 PM

I love the new Jeans de Chanel. I was afraid to buy blue eyeshadow but found that these work for me. I can even turn the blue into smokey greys for that sexy smokey look! They seem to last all day too. I would buy these again.