CHANEL Jeans de Chanel

No Image

4.5

on 4/10/2006 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this is the best Chanel eye palette ever made- the concept is fabulous, the colors all very wearable, layerable, modern and chic. As always it's the super satin eyeshadow formula which never cakes and can be used wet or dry.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

The Star Product for Fall 2003, this eyeshadow compact contains the best blues out there. The shades of sky, lavender, lapis and midnight are divided like a jean pocket. The colours go on beautifully and would compliment all skin tones and eye colours. The darkest shade can even double as the perfect liner to the lighter ones. It also comes with a sort of instruction sheet, with ideas for application. Of course, it was a limited edition product, but well worth it. It should last, as do most Chanel products, and I highly advise getting one should you happen to come across it.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh, this is just the cutest thing! I love blue eyeshadows, especially a set that has a range from lights to darks. The jeans pocket effect of the set is almost too cute to use. It's pricey (although I received it as a gift!) but the presentation and amount of colors you'll be able to cull from this make it worth it. So, so cute. Chanel's best palette in years.

on 8/8/2003 8:21:00 AM

I'd hate to ruin the Jeans de Chanel party going on here right now, but no matter how great Chanel e/s is (and I love Chanel e/s!), I have to say that this quad really isn't worth its nearly $60 pricetag ;(

First off, the colors are all virtually the same as MAC's Denim Dish #2 quad, with the exception that Chanel's version of Night Owl is actually black as apposed to MAC's smoky, glittery navy. I tried the shades in this quad out and I really wasn't that impressed. They all looked like the DD #2 quad I already own. All I'd have to do to achieve the Jeans de Chanel look is use my DD quad and just add Black Tied e/s instead of Night Owl, and maybe add UD's UV-B for a cool blue/purple opalescent effect.

Pfft, I really wanted to love this quad but I just can't. The compact is cute, the brush is great... but this has just been done before! Sorry guys :(