Chanel Jeans de Chanel

No Image

4.8

on 7/4/2003 7:45:00 PM

I thought this looked scary blue in container, but the colors are surprisingly sheer, you can definitly build to deeper colors, or wear lighter in daytime. The colors are:shimmery pale blue, deep indigo, a cobalt blue, and black. It comes with a suede/jean cover, and includes a skinny sponge tip applicator(like the Les Perles). I am pleased with this palette because its wearable blues and I have never had a blue e/s ever, and I love it.

on 7/12/2003 5:50:00 AM

When I first saw this palette at the counter, I wasn't too sure as I don't wear blue shadows too often, but when the MA applied it on me, it gave a sheer blue look that can easily be intensified with a heavier application. It's so pretty that I'm almost hesitant to use it. The palette is etched with a design that looks like the back pocket on a pair of jeans. It also comes with the usual Chanel black fabric case, but the case is lined in a material that looks like denim and inside the case is a small sponge eye shadow applicator that has a cap on it. It is veru cute but also very usable. It is limited edition, so get it while it's still available =)

on 7/28/2003 7:33:00 PM

Oh, how I love blue eye shadows!! The Les Jeans de Chanel quad is not an exception. All of the shades are wearable. I like wearing them heavily and mixed with other blues-Electric Eel and some of the blue MAC pigments, for added drama. The sparkly black is so great for a smoky look paired with the darkest blue, with the lightest blue as a wash on the lid. The 2-piece sponge applicator this comes with is great, as well, although I prefer using separate brushes as I'm not really that keen on sponge-tip applicators. At $55 +tax, this quad is quite the investment... But if you're as into blue shadows as I am, it's a great one! :-D

on 8/4/2003 2:12:00 AM

I want to first stress that I have yet to have a positive enough experience with Chanel eyeshadows to justify the $50+ price tag. My LE Lumieres quad was a dud and the Vanities I purchased last week was possibly one of my worst makeup disappointments mostly because I had high hopes for the insanely pretty colors in the pot despite the poor reviews I had read. I have about 25 brushes from McEvoy and 10+ from MAC... so I'm pretty sure it's not my makeup skills or tools that makes the Chanel shadows so bad. Overall, Chanel quads are 1) poorly pigmented and/or 2) IMPOSSIBLE to blend. That said, however, I still bought the Jeans quad because the SA reassured me that those are of a different formula that is more powdery than the quads in the regular collection. Although I have yet to road test her claim, this quad is made in a different location than the regular quads... Jeans is made in Italy and the other ones I have are from France. However, I don't know and doubt if that means anything at all. Oh and one more thing, if these shadows turn out to apply and wear well, it actually is quiet a steal for $55 dollars. Consider these numbers: Jeans weights in at .52OZ, the regular quads contain .31OZ for about a buck less, my .04OZ Armani shadows cost $22, and a .05OZ MAC shadows is about $14. Anyways, for the amount you get, I guess it's actually not that bad of a deal. However, since the real test is in the quality, I'll have to wait til tomorrow to find out... the ratings for now are temporary =). UPDATE: I guess the formulation is different. The eyeshadows went on pretty well... although definately not the best. The colors, I think, are more purple than blue... but I nevertheless really liked the look I achieved. Only gripe is that the container with all the four shadows next to each other required some finesse in picking up the colors without contaminating the other colors. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy and I think I'm going to keep this one.

on 8/8/2003 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a blue eye shadow person, but when I saw this in person for the first time I fell in love. It IS pricey, but there's more eye shadow here than I'll ever use. The shadows themselves are very sheer which means they aren't a garish 80s blue on, thankfully. The colours are much smokier than you'd think, and on the lids, they look almost lavender. The lightest blue makes a lovely wash. The second lightest blue is the brightest colour and is a cobalt colour. The next colour is a navy and the darkest colour is a charcoal. Funnily enough, I thought that I would be hesitant to use this product because it looks so beautiful. Instead, I find myself drawn to use it everytime I open my train case! Of course, the gorgeous denim-lined pouch is absolutely gorgeous. This really is a great product and I'm SO pleased with it, but I'm only going to give it 4 because the Chanel shadows, in general, do not last overly long on my oily eyelids, and Jeans de Chanel is no exception.

on 8/8/2003 8:21:00 AM

I'd hate to ruin the Jeans de Chanel party going on here right now, but no matter how great Chanel e/s is (and I love Chanel e/s!), I have to say that this quad really isn't worth its nearly $60 pricetag ;(

First off, the colors are all virtually the same as MAC's Denim Dish #2 quad, with the exception that Chanel's version of Night Owl is actually black as apposed to MAC's smoky, glittery navy. I tried the shades in this quad out and I really wasn't that impressed. They all looked like the DD #2 quad I already own. All I'd have to do to achieve the Jeans de Chanel look is use my DD quad and just add Black Tied e/s instead of Night Owl, and maybe add UD's UV-B for a cool blue/purple opalescent effect.

Pfft, I really wanted to love this quad but I just can't. The compact is cute, the brush is great... but this has just been done before! Sorry guys :(

on 8/15/2003 11:41:00 PM

I love the new Jeans de Chanel. I was afraid to buy blue eyeshadow but found that these work for me. I can even turn the blue into smokey greys for that sexy smokey look! They seem to last all day too. I would buy these again.

on 8/20/2003 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

MAC bores me, so I cannot really compare this to the Denim Dish. Nonetheless, Jeans de Chanel is a gorgeous product. It is has a blue for every person out there that cannot wear blue - it is the blue that non-blue wearers can pull off effortlessly and elegantly. I admit, what initially drew me to this product was the unique placement of the various shades - it is indeed a very interesting way of packaging makeup. But behind the sleek surface are four lovely blue shades. A muted navy, a soft (almost lavender) baby blue, bright blue and a dark grey tinted blue. They work really well together, or alone. The little pamphlet that comes with the palette contains some excellent combinations and ideas. The quality is traditional Chanel (excellent) and you definately get what you pay for here.

on 8/25/2003 4:06:00 AM

This is really cute, and every single color, I mean EVERY SINGLE COLOR is neutral enough to be worn on my usually warm coloring. The texture of the shadows are very silky and velvety. They have very very subtle shimmery reflections when you look closely. But the problem I have with this is that they crease without using an eyebase. I probably won't dip into the shimmery seamlines that are supposed to resemble the real jeans seams, so it should look very good even with much usage. I do feel $55 is too expensive for something that creases without a base, but I am really satisfied with the colors in this palette.

Although I do feel there are other cheaper alternatives to the blues in this palette, but if you don't have any other blues, and don't usually wear any, this is a good one to splurge on. continued >>

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh, this is just the cutest thing! I love blue eyeshadows, especially a set that has a range from lights to darks. The jeans pocket effect of the set is almost too cute to use. It's pricey (although I received it as a gift!) but the presentation and amount of colors you'll be able to cull from this make it worth it. So, so cute. Chanel's best palette in years.