Vichy Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

Vichy Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

3.4

aqua, glycerin, alcohol denat., aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, phenyl trimethicone, isononyl isononanoate, nylon-66, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, ammonium polyacryldimethyltauramide, sodium hydroxide, glycolic acid, perlite, c12-13 pareth-23, c12-13 pareth-3 ci 42090, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, isohexadecane, divinyldimethicone/dimethicone copolymer, sodium polyacrylate, poloxamer 338, disodium edta, capryloyl salicylic acid, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate, crosspolymer, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, polysorbate 80, parfum.

I had an incredibly different experience compared to the other reviews on this product; I did a double-take to make sure I was on the right page. I was even more shocked when someone with sensitive, acne-prone skin said that it worked wonders for them.
Here's how my experience went:

- My skin stung when I applied it,
- It made my usual breakouts (1-2 zits) turn into world-altering breakouts (15-20 cystic, deep pimples),
- My skin did not feel like it was breathing with this cream on top of it,
- It looked awful under my makeup.

Not sure why Vichy thought it would be a good idea to fill an acne-reducing lotion with synthetic dyes and fragrances, as most people with acne tend to have sensitive skin and will break out from these unnecessary chemicals.

on 4/8/2016 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I remember I used this on my younger teen years and it was the only thing that kept my acne breakouts under control. Unlike most of the many acne treatments I tried, it doesn't overly dry your skin out. I'm almost in my 20's now and still get a few breakouts occasionally, but as I only get 2-3 active pimples at once, I need a spot treatment. I think the Vichy Normadern line would be worth a try if you are someone who is getting acne and is looking for a more gentle overall acne treatment.

To Read all 292 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/25/2016 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have been using it for about a month and the first weeks I saw it kind of causing y skin to break out but the subsequent weeks was fine. I use it after its cleanser vichy normaderm deep cleanser gel and then I put makeup on. It does not control the oils of my skin coming over the makeup but the sensation is agreeable and overall a product the I see working just as any other moisturizer. Yes, I would buy it gain. Great formula and great sensation, it does its job moisturize.

on 3/12/2016 10:26:00 AM

Did nothing for my skin maybe a little raction, small bumpes!! Great packaging but wasn't even trying more then one week to like it.. And it is not fragrance free.. For the price it is not worth it!!

on 11/25/2015 10:57:00 AM

My all time favorite skin product is Vichy Normaderm Night Cream which they rebranded as Normaderm Night Detox. I'm not sure if it was reformulated but they seem the same to me. Maybe Detox is even a bit better. However, on this time period when they decided to go for the rebranding thing I couldn't find both of them anywhere and got this hydrating care. Did not like it.
Pros: price (in my opinion Vichy is affordable skin care comparing to the other brands)
So-so: complexed opinion on packaging, liked the pump but still prefer the tube version because it's possible to squeeze absolutely everything with zero waste and easier to understand when the product is going to finish
Cons: made my skin not refreshed but straightforward greasy & after several month lead to really bad breakouts which I didn't had for about 6-7 years; made my pores bigger than ever before
Thankfully to Normoderm Night Detox my skin is under control but this one is a no-no for my combination skin.

on 8/20/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used this for a a week or two and didn't like it. I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and I didn't find the product helping me at all. My skin was itchy every time I used it. It was pretty greasy for me so when I put foundation on top my face got really oily fast and my makeup was just sliding. Should've returned it!

on 3/25/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

What can I say? this is the only moisturiser I use daily, in the morning and in the evening without regrets, so it must be amazing.

It's non-comedegenic, hypo-allergenic, without the parabens, and has AHA's alongside with salycilic acid :D AHA's combats hyperpigmentation, gives a smooth texture to the skin, and gives it a glow. & of course, Salycilic acids helps prevent new pimples from popping up.

I've always had problems with moisturisers clogging my pores or making my skin look super shiny, oily and just ew in general lol. But this hydrator does not make me look greasy, but rather helps with my oily skin and it is a nice base under my makeup as it helps give a smooth coverage. I also use it in conjunction with a sunscreen. However, because my sunscreen is quite moisturising already, I tend to mix the Vichy Normaderm hydrating care with 2 drops of tea tree oil as tea tree is anti-bacterial which means it's an extra boost to prevent and get rid of pesky spots, additionally, it helps tone down oiliness.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my third bottle and I just love it! This is an amazing product that makes your skin feel smooth instantly! It combats blemishes and breakouts like no other product does, and that's the #1 reason I'm in love with it. You don't even have to use it regularly, I use it only when my skin is breaking out due to stress. Apply it before you go to sleep and you have visible results the next morning. You can use it as a peeling cream too, just start rubbing your face once it dries - it removes dead skin and crusts, revealing fresh skin underneath. However, as other users mentioned, DO NOT use this product under makeup. I did the mistake once and had to do my makeup all over again. It turns out to be a mess under liquid foundations and powders.

on 2/3/2015 10:16:00 AM

On my second bottle now and while it is my baby, making wonders for my skin, I feel like it is my responsibility to tell you who are thinking about it to NOT APPLY IT BEFORE LIQUID FOUNDATION AS IT WILL GET RUBBED OFF. This sounds a bit weird, but it leaves, like another reviewer said, a film over your skin and while I don't mind it usually - it is gone in the mornings anyway - it messes up your make-up if you apply it straight onto it.
So, keep this for nights, and something else to wear under foundation during day.

One of the best moisturizers I've ever tried.
I use it twice a day, every morning before putting my makeup on, and before going to sleep. It has worked wonders on my skin leaving it feeling soft and smooth without being greasy, and it even helps my makeup to last longer. The smell is nice and light, not overpowering at all.
I've already gone through 2 tubes of it and I'm on my third.
After a bad experience when I switched my moisturizer I'm sticking to this one for a long time.