MAC Beet Lip Pencil

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My dad got me Beet (on rec'd of Maccosmetics.com Facebook page) to go w my Viva Glam Ariana 2 Lipstick & it's not a perfect match but it is pretty, Beet is darker more Fuschia than Ariana 2 which is much more purple but hey I mean it's a decent match. It's just the color of borscht. Aptly named....I've always liked MAC lipliners. I think this one'll go well with Girl About Town too. "...Mikey, she likes it!!"

I only own 2 MAC Lip Liners, Beet & Heroine. Heroine goes on super smoothly but this is a disappointment. If you press it on your lips too lightly it barely shows, and if you press it on a bit more it looks too harsh! Don't know how to explain it, maybe I got one from a bad batch. The color is perfect for fall/winter though.

Love the colour - lipsticks don't bleed - applies very smoothly. Downside is that MAC lip pencils do not sharpen very well. It is difficult to get a nice point and they break a lot.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this on a whim and would definitely re-buy, its a rich pinky red shade which isnt too bright and very flattering. Im a NC30 shade and suits me perfectly, without making my lips look too hard or small. Looks great on its own with exfoliated lips!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this pencil. It's smooth and lasts long. It's beautiful against my NW47 skin. I use it with Party Line. I ave yet to sharpen it, so when I do, I'll update.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I think I got an old one because it broke off as soon as I tried it on in the car & so I had to sharpen it, & it broke off yet again! (and it didnt just break pieces came out of the pencil itself to where it had to be sharpened to get to any of it) I have never had this issue with MAC lip pencils, in the past when I used them- so I think it is this particular pencil. Now, it seems to be fine, but for the money, I should get the use of a full pencil. Update-Changed my mind, which us females have the right to do! It is just too bright on me. I may go back to what I had used for a few years a couple of yrs back-Half Red, which was a staple of mine after New York Colors discontinued their line of true lip pencils. I returned this. May try More to Love.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's a hardworking dark fushia/red liner. Lipstick is safely secured. Very versatile color for your darker lip looks. However! Good luck sharpening it. I have two mac lip liners and and both have never sharpened to the original sharp point again. Annoying. Will probably not repurchase another.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is on of my most used lip liners! Beet is a deep fuchsia color that works great with lipsticks like Girl About Town and other darker pink colors. It also works well when you want a lip color to look less orange. I highly recommend this shade. I use it with a ton of lipsticks and it goes on opaque and true to color.

Great lippencil. I wear it under mac morange, gives a very special effect.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this lip liner. I always pair it with Viva Glam Nicki and make an ombre effect! To die for. Gorgeous color and long lasting.

Popular Lip Liners