Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

3.5

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid), Glycolic Acid/Arginine, Peach Fruit Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Lemon Fruit Extract, Lime Fruit Extract, Linden Flower Extract, Grapefruit Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Red #40, Yellow #5, Fragrance. 6/11/09

Eeek. I just used this cleanser for three days along with the PTR glycolic cleanser because I ran out of my normal face wash and had ordered the cleanser travel size kit a few months ago and never tried. I think these are really awful cleansers. They both leave your skin feeling stripped and tight after washing then major greasy. My skin felt like there was 5 layers of oil on it. I'm waiting for it to freak out with acne now. I wouldn't recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Bad. Bad. Bad. I received this as a sample from Sephora. I was trying to figure out why I was waking up to red patches on my face besides the fact that it made my skin dry. My face reacted so poorly to something in this face wash. I use care when cleansing my skin and am not rough with it. I can't stand the smell either.

on 1/15/2018 9:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Seduced by the sample yet again. I loved the smell and the gel texture so when I had to return a few items to Sephora, I got a full size bottle. Yeah it smells nice and gets most of my makeup off. The price is off-putting though as I find this really doesn't perform for me any better than my Neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser. The Neutrogena actually does a better job of getting my makeup off. The PTR is not a bad product at all, but since I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere, I will not repurchase. Do not let this get in your eyes because it stings like hell.

on 12/20/2017 9:45:00 PM

i purchased the must haves vault on Sephora and it came with this cleanser. My skin has never looked better. I used to wear a CC cream everyday, now I don't even feel like i need it. Once I moisturize, I have that dewy look I've coveted for so long. I will be purchasing this line in the future.

on 7/16/2017 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have purchased this cleanser over and over again, and it is exactly what my super oily skin needs at the end of the day. I spread it over my skin and then use my clarisonic to foam it up. It purifies my skin on a very deep level. It does strip all the oil from my skin, but as long as I use a toner and the PTR oil free moisturizer right after, my skin is fine and doesn't produce excess oil. This is my favorite cleanser of all time.

on 6/22/2017 12:57:00 PM

I bought this product based on the reviews as an anti aging cleanser. Luckily I only bought the 1 oz size because something in this product made me break out in a raised rash on my forehead and cheeks (which happen to be the dry parts of my combo skin). It actually looked like it gave me a case of Rosacea! Will not be using this again as my skin is way to sensitive obviously. Never had a problem with AHA or Glycolic acid before.

on 4/22/2017 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My skin is fairly clear and non-reactive these days but this caused a terrible rash/breakout of small red bumps and blotches. It started with one spot and got worse every time I used it until after four or five days the rash, or whatever it was, was all over my face, especially my cheeks. It cleared up within a day or so once I stopped using this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased a 2 ounce size of this in that "maze" of small sizes where you line up to pay at Sephora. I like this cleanser well enough but not as much as the Rose Stem Cell one which is the same price and which is the one I'll likely repurchase to replace my Boscia cleanser when that is finished, simply because the PTR one is a better per ounce value. This "Anti Aging" gel is a perfectly nice cleanser, and certainly "repurchase-worthy", though - it cleans well without irritating my skin and rinses away fully without leaving any sort of residue. But to tell the truth, I doubt there is anything "anti-aging" about this (that is such a nebulous term - I suppose someone could label sleeping as "anti-aging") and I think that when a company uses this term, it does nothing to enhance its reputation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a Sephora sample and it sat in my drawer for months. I started using it and regret not doing it sooner. My skin felt tighter and acne went away within a week. Your face will feel dry after using it, but I put in moisturizer afterwards and there is no dry, flaky skin happening. At night, I put a thin layer the PTR Cucumber mask and leave it on overnight (it's clear and my husband had no idea I was wearing it). My skin has improved dramatically since using both of these products. It smells nice and even though it is pricy, a bottle will last you a long time. A little goes a long way.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Not recommended for acne prone skin. This product stripped my skin which then started over producing oil so i had even more breakouts than when i began. only plus is a little goes a long way.