Bobbi Brown Carnation

Bobbi Brown Carnation

3.7

on 5/19/2016 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

On my olive/tan skin tone, (Nc 40-43), this peachy neutral color looks amazing - just the right color and tone. It's an every day color that really warms my complexion and looks great with a warm natural kinda bronzer (am using it with Natural bronzer by BB) I prep my lips with a lip balm, blotting the excess and then applying it on my lips. Love the effect the color and its staying power ❤️

on 12/9/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bobbi Brown has managed to make a light peachy pink matte lipstick that I can actually wear (NC40+, olive skin, very dark brown hair) - no mean feat. I researched this one a bit before actually purchasing, and am happy with the buy thus far. Although I have seen some describe this as a peachy pink nude, it definitely doesn't pull nude on me - in fact, it is a tad bright (which is actually flattering), and it looks even better when paired with BB's Rose lip liner, which was recommended to me by a smart SA. The wear time on this lipstick is excellent as well: I wore it for an entire work day (and a sandwich), and only had to touch up once - and even then a good amount of color remained. As usual, the downside of such a long-wearing formula is a bit of dryness, so I would recommend applying a little bit of clear lip balm and letting it sink in for a minute before using the lipstick. This solved the issue for me. The only reason that I didn't give this lipstick a five is that it settled into my lip lines a little bit (pet peeve). Other than that, I would repurchase because the color is so pretty.

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This gorgeous peachy-nude shade looks stunning against my medium skin tone (EL Double Wear in Tawny), I would definitely buy it again :) The formula can be a bit drying but it doesn't bother me, I love reapplying it!! It stays put through a few drinks and some light munching, very impressive. Overall, a very lovely lipstick that I find myself reaching for daily!

on 12/22/2009 10:47:00 PM

I hate to be the party pooper here, but I absolutely hate this lipstick. I lost the receipt and can't even return it. The color is an ok pink, nothing special, but boy does it dry out your lips like the Sahara desert, no matter how much you moisturize. After only 1 hour from applying it, I have the worst chapped lips ever to the point that it changes the finish to this awful inconsistent color. I will never repurchase any Bobbi Brown lipsticks, ever.

on 9/4/2009 4:58:00 AM

Was looking for a peach lipstick and this is it! It's a pink peach shade which suits me really well since my lips are not that light. Works so well with apricot/peach blush. while i love the shade, one lippy less because of the drying factor as with all BB lipsticks :(

on 3/15/2008 11:05:00 PM

A gorgeous pinky peach lipstick. These are drying,so add a primer or gloss and you'll be good to go.Looks pretty with BB's Brightening Lip Gloss in Peach .

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just tried this lipstick on at the counter. Actually, this lipstick works very well on my medium olive skin. Looks quite natural but has some pop, doesn't look dull like beige lipstick can look on me. Not sure how long it would last, but texture is very soft and silky.

Holy crap, this is bright! Clown-o-rama.

on 12/7/2006 6:17:00 PM

I went in asking for a "my lips but better" lipstick and the SA recommended this. Its ok with a nude lipliner to tone it down a bit, without which this is definately NOT a natural color on me. My main grip is that for $20 a pop, the staying power is horrible! I would not repurchase.

Expensive but totally worth it. It's an awesome everyday wake-me-up peachy-pink l/s. The packaging is just as classy as the lipstick itself. Definitely a keeper!