MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

on 6/10/2017 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Beautiful. A soft matte peachy brown which is very easy to blend and stays put. Easy to combine with other eyeshadows as a crease/transition color, the equivalent of bronzer for eyelids; it's not so much the color itself that looks flattering but the warmth it adds to the look. I personally love combining it with shimmery gold eyeshadow on the lids. Recommended!

on 1/6/2017 6:55:00 PM

Smooth highly pigmented gentle warm light brown. Very versatile colour that you can use on eyebrows as well. I think i'll get lots of use out of this.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been using naked from UD as a transition shade and sometimes it just doesn't seem to cut it. Soft brown has since replaced naked and has been my go to transition shade and I'm NC42. The shadow is a soft matte warm brown shade that looks slightly orangey in the pan. It blends really easily too. Besides being a great transition shade, it adds warmth to any look. Definitely a staple in my stash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

So this is a great shadow, but I don't feel it's a must have for me. It's another great matte, smooth, buildable, blendable shadow. It's a mid tone warm peachy brown. It's a little dark for me to use as a transition shade. I have to use it very lightly for that. It's more of a light outer v shade for me. It's a darker version of Anastasia Birkin. Because I now have Birkin, I really don't use soft brown much. I do like it for more natural lighter looks in the outer v. I think on medium skin tones this would be a perfect transition shade.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is my HG transition shade. I use it all the time. It's not too pigmented (a good thing in my book), blends beautifully, and compliments virtually any combination of shadows you use with it. You really can't overdo it with this one. Would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

I needed a colour that went well in the crease with navy blue eyeliner and I must say I like this one. This shade is one off the best sellers and is useful with many other shades.The pans are now $8 which I'm happy with .

on 1/16/2016 7:07:00 AM

Soft brown is the perfect transition shade for me. I love this color in the crease of my eye and then I use it to blend out all my other eyeshadows to get that soft focus look. I like a blended out eye where you cannot tell where each color begins and ends. Soft brown is perfect for softening everything up. The color is a peachy brown and it's matte. It's one of my staple eye shadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is my preferred transition colour over Uninterrupted. Soft Brown is appropriately named as it is a soft brown. It does have slight pink undertones (to me anyways) but it's not noticeable on my lids and I love using it for smokey eye looks. It's subtle and I don't have to worry about it looking obvious as other transition shadows can.
It's a my lid but better shade and if I want a very natural look, I'll use MAC's Layin' Low paint pot as a base with Soft Brown all over the lids.
For reference, I'm a NC30.
I wouldn't recommend it for NC40 skin tones or darker.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this w MAC Phloof. On me this is a bit similar to MAC Saddle. Really gr8 in the crease/transition. I wear glasses, have mature skin, w grey eyes & am NC15 for reference. I like to put Phloof on my lid then this on my crease & finish it off w black or dark brown eyeliner & black mascara. If I want to make it a bit more dramatic I will add just a very teeny tiny bit of MAC Carbon on the outer V smudge it out. Soft Brown borders on leaning a little orange which I love orangish rusty Browns & I don't know of any cheaper DS dupes coz this is so unique! Serious staple HG. This was ~$17 so it was not cheap but worth it & some may be able to also use this as a brow powder color.

on 7/16/2015 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use it to complement purple eyeshadow looks. Blends easily.