MAC Matte - Soft Brown

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Like all other reviews, this shade really does make a great transition shade to blend Neutral shades out! The texture is pretty much like all matte mac eye shadows and it's easy to spread all over the crease. The color is like an orange-ish brown and compliments the crease nicely if you wear it alone, just as long as it's blended out pretty well.

With a primer it lasts all day on my crease, and I think the shade is especially pretty when blended with Mac's Satin Brune.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Straight up love it. Great nude color for nc42. It gives you a feminine graceful and well...soft look. Very pigmented as most Mac es are. Applies fine with fingers and looks great when paired with expensive pink!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

At first, I hated this eyeshadow, but the more I began to use it, the more I began to really appreciate it. My skin type is tan/olive and I have golden yellow undertones and this eyeshadow is a perfect match for my skin color. I use this for all over the lid or as a highlight color. I usually place Soft Brown on my lid and use Cork on the crease to make a natural smokey look (both are matte colors). Before it just sat im my palette and now its one of my Must - Haves eyeshadow lol. I really hope they keep this color. Works well with Cork and any eyeshadow if you are tan or olive skin toned.

on 12/25/2009 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product is simply amazing! Idk how I was never talked into getting this es. Since having this about 2 months ago, I use it everyday in my crease! Whatever color I have in my crease...Soba, Cork, Bronze, Contrast, I always stick a light wash of this above. It just warms up the whole eye area.

It goes with neutrals, pinks, blues, purples...whatever! I even did a smokey eye look with Electra all over the lid and this in the crease. Amazing!

This is truly a HG!

on 12/17/2009 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love using this color to blend up in the crease. It's very soft. I'm NC42....so the effect is subtle ...but soooo worth it.

on 3/14/2008 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This e/s is blah. It may be useful as an eyeshadow base otherwise, utterly useless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This color is a must-have neutral. Like other reviewers have mentioned, it does have peach/orange undertones. Soft Brown isn't overbearingly peach/orange... It's just slightly more complex than it's name. :)The texture of this shadow is terrific like all of MAC's shadows, particularly their mattes. Soft Brown is terrific paired with darker neutrals and is especially beautiful when used in the "inner v" accompanying a more dramatic color on the outer part of your lids. You need this in your traincase if you're a neutrals girl AND if you like a dramatic look without looking like Mimi from Drew Carey. :D continued >>