MAC Matte - Soft Brown

MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.3

on 5/14/2014 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

It barely shows on my skin tone (I'm very light, hazel eyes). I have to use it quiet a lot to get some color and still... not one of my favorites.

on 2/13/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this, but this is showing up orangey on me. I bought this as a transition shade. I tried it with a primer and without a primer. The texture is lovely and blends out nicely but the color just shows up as orange no matter how light or dark I apply. I still want to love this so if anyone has any suggestions on making this work or color combos to try with this, let me know. If it works I will gladly change my review! For reverence, I am nc 20.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great warm light brown color but the formula is severely lacking. It's dry and doesn't apply easily like Bobbi Brown, for example. It also kind of sits on top of your skin (even applied lightly) rather than meshing with it. I'd rather spend a little more money and get a really great color and formula.
Update: I still wish this was smoother but I'm using it again and love how it wears without creasing. And the color is typical MAC - great.

on 10/8/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very nice neutral medium shade of brown. I use it in my crease or blending out darker crease colors. The texture is very nice.

on 5/2/2007 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have had this eyeshadow for years, and don't remember the last time I used it. (Crazy... right?) I don't think I liked it too much the first time I tried it, so I stuffed it in a drawer and basically forgot about it.Today, I wanted to try it with this look that I had in mind after watching Boston Legal last night. (One of the blue-eyed actresses had this amazing, eyeshadow-look going on... and even tho I'm hazel-eyed, I wanted to try and mimic it.) In an effort to create a similar look on me, I used Rite of Spring (LE) as a base from lashes to brows, Motif on lid to crease, and Soft Brown in crease and outer corners. I lined upper lids with MAC's Graphic Brown Fluidline, and lower lids with Bobbi Brown's gel liner in Bronze Shimmer. This was a nice, fresh, daytime look that would look even more stunning on blue eyes! But even without the aqua peepers, Soft Brown has suddenly become more appealing to me, and I will definitely be putting it to more use. It is not really "soft brown" as the name says, but more of a medium, peachy-brown. I don't know why I bought this a few years ago, but now I'm glad I did. :o) continued >>

This is my second Soft Brown e/s. I'm PPP/neutral and this has always looked a little peachy on me. Sometimes it's a bit too ruddy for my brows, I think. It was the only color in MAC that would work for my eyebrows, and I've used it for awhile now and been reasonably happy. I have occasionally used this in the crease, but found it quite dull unless paired with something really punchy. At any rate, I do enjoy this color and plan to experiment with it some more with the new Pigments I have on the way. This is not my favorite brown, but it's a nice solid staple. I'd like to keep it around as a nice go-to dependable friend, but it doesn't get my heart racing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Soft Brown was one of the first eyeshadow I ever purchased from Mac years ago and I still reach for it all the time. I prefer warm shadows as cool tones never look good on me. Soft Brown is my perfect transition shade. Even when I'm in a rush and doing very minimal makeup I always buff this in my crease for a little definition. It's a definite must have for anyone who loves warn shadows.

on 1/6/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this color is awesome... its a perfect neutral color for my Hazel eyes... just bought it and added it to a Smokey eye using espresso and sweet satisfaction - simply gorgeous!

on 6/24/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This. This. This! This eyeshadow is hands down, the BEST transition colour I have ever laid my eyeshadow-hungry eyes on! Mac's Soft Brown is a beautiful, warm, medium brown shade that will give you just the right amount of definition.
Pretty much every time I apply eyeshadow, I'll throw on a base (Mac's Painterly paint pot), then pop this colour all throughout my crease, diffusing it up toward my brown bone with a nice fluffy brush. It's light enough to conceal any blending faults, but it definitely shows up on my NC37 skin.
I looove pairing this with Woodwinked and Mulch for a warm, bronzed look, which really brings out the green and yellow flecks in my eyes. If you have dark brown, hazel, or green eyes, this colour would be perfect for you. Even you blue eyed gals out there, soft brown will bring a warm contrast to your cooler toned eyes.
If you're just starting out with Mac, or if you're on the hunt for a blending colour, Soft Brown is a great one to go for.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I always stayed away from soft brown because of the orang-y tones in it, but I finally bought it this summer. It is a lovely colour, blends wonderfully, and is a great accompaniment to so many other shades. It is a must have.