MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.3

on 3/31/2014 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EYESHADOW. At least in my opinion, i am a NC35 skin tone with neutral undertones, i don't understand the hype about this eyeshadow, i had to order this online because singapore doesn't sell soft brown and i really wanted to try it. the reason why i hate it because i thought it would work well with my skin tone, but i bought this to use as a transition color but it was too pink for me, it messed up my eyeshadow colors and i couldn't put another color in the crease after applying this. its just not the right transition / crease / blending color for me, will never repurchase again but i'll give it points that it has great color payoff and pigmentation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Like all other reviews, this shade really does make a great transition shade to blend Neutral shades out! The texture is pretty much like all matte mac eye shadows and it's easy to spread all over the crease. The color is like an orange-ish brown and compliments the crease nicely if you wear it alone, just as long as it's blended out pretty well.

With a primer it lasts all day on my crease, and I think the shade is especially pretty when blended with Mac's Satin Brune.

on 10/15/2013 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I originally bought this color as a filler for my eyebrows (apparently I have "soft brown" hair), but it's also a pretty nice crease color. It's too dark on my NW20 skin to be much else, but it's a pretty, ashy/neutral brown.

on 1/30/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Been trying really hard to appreciate/like this shadow, but I think my tan is slightly too deep for this too look right. I have strong yellow/golden undertones, and Soft Brown's peachiness has this weird tone to it that makes me look sickly. I also have to pack this color on to get it to show up in the first place. I'm not sure why someone of my tone would pick this over Saddle, which is FAR more flattering and doesn't make me look sick at all. Chanel PL BA34/NC44/Nars Tahoe for reference.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Straight up love it. Great nude color for nc42. It gives you a feminine graceful and well...soft look. Very pigmented as most Mac es are. Applies fine with fingers and looks great when paired with expensive pink!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

At first when I bought this, I regretted it. I bought it as an outer lid color, but it was pretty much the same color as my lid, and it was just a little darker, which was really annoying.

However, I also use embark as a crease color, and I noticed that embark was really pigmented, and sometimes I would put too much. It could also be tricky to blend. So that's where this eye shadow came in. I mix this and embark together for a perfect soft crease color, and I in general use it as a blending color for dark brown shadow. And it worked great for that purpose.

So I'm not regretting the bucks I spent for this, because this actually a very versatile color. If you're fair skinned, get this for your crease. If you're dark skinned, use it on your lid. And if you're neutral like me, use it as a blending color! I just may repurchase...

on 4/6/2011 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I really like this e/s. It looks kind of boring but it makes all the difference when you're trying to blend (especially a smokey eye!) and add definition. I'm around an NC35-40 and this really helps blend other e/s. Will buy this again when I run out!

on 10/6/2010 1:49:00 PM

I am so glad I finally decided to purchase this color! It is a serious must-have! I use it for blending out colors/harsh lines. I wasn't sure if this would even show up on me since I am an NC40/42 but it shows up just fine on me!

This color works for blending out any color eyeshadows: brown, black, purple, etc so you will definitely get a lot of use out of it! I really didn't think this color would make a huge difference with my eyeshadow but it really has, my eyeshadow looks soo much better now that I use this for blending!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i love this color. it's a warmer toned brown that i wanted wedge or kid to do for me but didn't. i'm asian, nc37, yellow undertones.

Love this shadow. totally underestimated it until an MA showed me how multifunctional it was. She used it as a base over paint, then mixed it w/ espresso for the crease THEN turned around and used it as my new favorite blush. This little eyeshadow has a permanent spot in my purse.