MAC Matte - Soft Brown

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.5

on 1/16/2016 7:07:00 AM

Soft brown is the perfect transition shade for me. I love this color in the crease of my eye and then I use it to blend out all my other eyeshadows to get that soft focus look. I like a blended out eye where you cannot tell where each color begins and ends. Soft brown is perfect for softening everything up. The color is a peachy brown and it's matte. It's one of my staple eye shadows.

on 12/12/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A few months ago I dropped by Mac and asked a make up artist for an eye shadow that I could use a brow powder. The artist recommended Mac Soft Brown because he said it was reddish and would go with my (medium auburn colored hair). I was a tad skeptical when I made the purchase because while my hair has a definite auburn color, my brows have no red in them whatsoever. I do like the eye shadow soft brown and use it almost every day as the perfect s-o-f-t powder liner underneath my bottom lashes, about half way across. It definitely makes my eyes look more defined but in a soft and natural way, I also use this shadow lightly from my lids up to just above my cease. I smooth the shadow with my favorite eye blending brush from Stila.adow brush.

on 2/24/2014 9:49:00 AM

I love this shadow! Some people say that it's orangey, but on me it is just a warm brown! It makes my blue-green-gray eyes pop and doesn't make me look washed out (I'm VERY pale). This is a perfect everyday, natural, wearable color!

on 12/25/2013 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am OBSESSED with soft brown. For reference: NC15-20, brown hair, blue-green eyes.

I use this color as my ultimate transition shade. I put it on first before any other shadows, especially when I'm doing a crease. It is a great problem solver with any blending issue that I come across. I just grab a blending brush, use some soft brown, and everything is ok again.

To me, soft brown looks very warm, almost like an orangey/reddish brown in the pan, but on the lids it i just the perfect light brown shade, and is something that you don't think you need until you own it.

on 7/3/2013 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

You really can't go wrong with this color, it is a great investment. It's the perfect crease color for fair skin, and a great color for everyday use. It blends well, it's highly pigmented, and it's very flattering. One of my favorites and certainly a staple of my standard eye look.

PERFECT transitioning color for my pale skin! I use this with every eyeshadow look! Perfect color, pigmentation and everything! BUY THIS!

on 4/17/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Waited so long to buy this. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who couldn't wear it. It was wayyyy too orange.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is a nicely created colour - light warm brown with orange (not peach) undertones which in theory should have done wonders for my medium blue eyes. No good. Instead I looked drawn like I was recovering from the flu. I truly never had a shadow that looked this bad. I am fair/neutral so that might be an indicator if it would work for you.

on 3/28/2013 11:33:00 PM

There are so many reviews explaining how amazing this eyeshadow is so I'm not going to make this long...
I was never able to use any orange eyeshadow. Even an eyeshadow that contains the slightest hint of orange. It would look horrible on my skin, like I got punched in the eye or something (I'm NW20, blonde hair, blue eyes). Soft brown is a brownish-orangey colour, so I was very hesitant to buy it, even though I've seen so many raving about it. I'm SOO happy I did! It looks amazing on me, the perfect crease and blending shade :) I seriously think this colour would look good on anyone soo GO TRY IT!

on 6/2/2011 4:19:00 PM

I use this color daily. It can be used for almost any look, for everyday I use it as a crease color and when im doing a night look I use it for blending. I think this color is a must have!