MAC Matte - Soft Brown

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.9

I needed a colour that went well in the crease with navy blue eyeliner and I must say I like this one. This shade is one off the best sellers and is useful with many other shades.The pans are now $8 which I'm happy with .

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is my HG transition shade. I use it all the time. It's not too pigmented (a good thing in my book), blends beautifully, and compliments virtually any combination of shadows you use with it. You really can't overdo it with this one. Would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

I love this w MAC Phloof. On me this is a bit similar to MAC Saddle. Really gr8 in the crease/transition. I wear glasses, have mature skin, w grey eyes & am NC15 for reference. I like to put Phloof on my lid then this on my crease & finish it off w black or dark brown eyeliner & black mascara. If I want to make it a bit more dramatic I will add just a very teeny tiny bit of MAC Carbon on the outer V smudge it out. Soft Brown borders on leaning a little orange which I love orangish rusty Browns & I don't know of any cheaper DS dupes coz this is so unique! Serious staple HG. This was ~$17 so it was not cheap but worth it & some may be able to also use this as a brow powder color.

on 7/25/2014 10:44:00 PM

I use this color for crease shading and blending for natural eye looks. I use on MAC paint pots (Painterly and Cash Flow) so the color comes out quite nicely. I also use a natural haired brush for application and blending into darker shadows so more color is held with each brush swipe. This is my go-to color for basing and for creases with any color eyes but especially blue/green eyes. One of the most used colors in my MAC shadow collection.

on 11/17/2013 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very nice blending color. I use it in my crease to blend out my other colors. It's a very nice shade to connect my eyeshadows together and make everything smooth. It's a Matte light brown and I like that there is no shimmer. It's definitely one of the best blending eyeshadows that I've ever found.

PERFECT transition color! It works so well to blend out the edges and warm up your crease color. I use this pretty much every day. I've actually started using it as my crease color as well. I use Naked Lunch all over my lid with this blended up into the crease. I do this when I have more intense winged liner and want a polished lid look. Then I pair it with a deeper lip color like Ruby Woo or Diva. Seriously. This stuff looks woefully boring in the pan, but it's SO versatile.

Such a gorgeous shade, I love using this to blend out harsh lines- and best of all, it has worked with every single colour :) Just yesterday, I blended out a Purple Smoky eye, and it did a wonderful job. I simply take my MAC 224 brush, and lightly blend this all over the crease and everything looks so much more blended and polished- This product is a must have! Soft Brown is also a very pretty transition colour- Its universal, and looks beautiful with almost any eyeshadow combination.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

For the longest time, I thought this eyeshadow was way too orange on me. However, the other day I wore it with "All that Glitters" eyeshadow on the lid and "Ricepaper" in the crease and the result was really beautiful, but understated. The eyeshadow blends very easily, as well. I would give this a five, but if it was a touch less orange and more brown, I would absolutely love it. I'm NC20.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Straight up love it. Great nude color for nc42. It gives you a feminine graceful and well...soft look. Very pigmented as most Mac es are. Applies fine with fingers and looks great when paired with expensive pink!

on 11/16/2011 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I use soft brown in my crease pretty much daily. On my NC43 skin, it adds a subtle hint of alertness and glow that makes me look awake and refreshed. I've been using this for years and am about to buy my second pan.