MAC Matte - Soft Brown

MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.4

on 3/31/2014 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EYESHADOW. At least in my opinion, i am a NC35 skin tone with neutral undertones, i don't understand the hype about this eyeshadow, i had to order this online because singapore doesn't sell soft brown and i really wanted to try it. the reason why i hate it because i thought it would work well with my skin tone, but i bought this to use as a transition color but it was too pink for me, it messed up my eyeshadow colors and i couldn't put another color in the crease after applying this. its just not the right transition / crease / blending color for me, will never repurchase again but i'll give it points that it has great color payoff and pigmentation.

on 12/15/2013 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe I waited so long to buy this shadow! I'm flipping in love with Soft Brown! The shade is the most beautiful, soft, light peachy brown, with a wonderful soft, silky matte finish. I LOVE using Soft Brown on all over my lid and then up into my crease area with a 217 or 224 brush. If you're an NC25 or darker, I would say that it really is the most perfect warm transition shade to really warm up the eye without being obvious that it's there. However, if you're more fair or have cool toned skin, I could see Soft Brown being potentially too orange on your skin, of course, it depends on application and your personal preferences. I'm an NC30-35 and think it adds the slightest bit of warmth, I can also get away with wearing this on it's own with just some highlighter on my brow bone as a warm, natural look, but I can see why most people would see Soft Brown solely as a transition shade, since it is quite orange, but if you're skin is warm enough, you could totally use this as a lid shade. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a natural, light, matte colour. ** Please be advised that this shadow is QUITE peachy and slightly orange, Soft Brown is NOT a neutral, it is warm! So if you prefer cooler shades, you should probably look for an alternative cooler or more neutral brown, like Cork or Wedge.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This color is so pretty. It comes out to a beige/light punk color on my lids. I love wearing in this crease with pretty much any color on the lid. It's such a basic neutral color but it's perfect for blending! Def would repurhase if I run out of it! :)

on 3/15/2011 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I used this as my crease color with honesty and I found I prefer it as just a lid color! To me I see a bit of an orange color but I love it! It is not a light brown so if you want that don't waste your money I would go with Omega or Mulch. I really like this!

on 1/2/2011 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite crease/transistion color. I wear this shadow everyday with all of my looks. I first heard about it when makeupbytiffanyd mentioned it in her videos so I decided to try it out. I like to wear this for natural looks in the crease with brule as an all over lid color and soft brown in the crease and if i want to deepen the look up a little I will just add something else in the outer corner add liner and mascara and i'm good to go. This is also a good crease color if you're wearing a green like sumptous olive on the lid or even if you're wearing a purple like nocturnelle. Great transition/blending color, would definetly reccomend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I, like many others, love this eyeshadow to blend out crease colors and have a more natural looking transition into my highlight color. I also like it occasionally as a wash on the lid. In the pan it doesn't look like anything special but he texture is very nice and it's well pigmented. This is a really great color to have in any collection and I will repurchase (if I ever run out).

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i love this color. it's a warmer toned brown that i wanted wedge or kid to do for me but didn't. i'm asian, nc37, yellow undertones.

on 10/18/2009 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use soft brown every time I'm going for a neutral look. It's great for the crease!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had been searching for the perfect natural brown for ages and found it in Soft Brown. It's just slightly darker than my natural skin tone and makes me look put together without being overdone. I'm Asian and use NC40.