MAC Matte - Soft Brown

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.8

on 1/6/2017 6:55:00 PM

Smooth highly pigmented gentle warm light brown. Very versatile colour that you can use on eyebrows as well. I think i'll get lots of use out of this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

So this is a great shadow, but I don't feel it's a must have for me. It's another great matte, smooth, buildable, blendable shadow. It's a mid tone warm peachy brown. It's a little dark for me to use as a transition shade. I have to use it very lightly for that. It's more of a light outer v shade for me. It's a darker version of Anastasia Birkin. Because I now have Birkin, I really don't use soft brown much. I do like it for more natural lighter looks in the outer v. I think on medium skin tones this would be a perfect transition shade.

on 3/2/2015 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This one is a must for me. I would never have picked it out, but it kept showing up in every makeup tutorial. Once I read the glowing reviews, I knew I had to give it a shot, but was skeptical it would look too orange on me. What it does to bring warm definition to the crease and warm up any look is nothing short of magical :) Somehow this color works with just about any look as a transition color. Amazing! Great in terms of pigmentation and blending. Perfect transition shade or on its own as a crease color!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

After having not so great results with other matte eye shadows from MAC I was very hesitant to purchase this but everyone kept raving on about it so I took the plunge and picked this up. And I have to say... It sure has impressed me! Such a beautiful texture, pigmented and easy to blend. I use this in my crease when I'm going for a warm look and it's just perfect. I have an olive complexion, NC37-40 right now and it just shows up perfectly on me as a warm brown with a slight pink tone which aids in blending out my other eye shadows as well as the perfect everyday simple 'throw on' eye shadow when I can't be bothered.

I would highly recommend this shade for anyone up to NC40 possibly NC42, any darker and I don't think it will show up well. I will be forever repurchasing.

on 11/17/2013 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very nice blending color. I use it in my crease to blend out my other colors. It's a very nice shade to connect my eyeshadows together and make everything smooth. It's a Matte light brown and I like that there is no shimmer. It's definitely one of the best blending eyeshadows that I've ever found.

on 7/3/2013 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

You really can't go wrong with this color, it is a great investment. It's the perfect crease color for fair skin, and a great color for everyday use. It blends well, it's highly pigmented, and it's very flattering. One of my favorites and certainly a staple of my standard eye look.

I love to use this as a crease color for everyone with a fair to medium skin tone!!! I use it pretty much every day. I feel like everyone needs a little bit of a peachy brown in their crease.

on 2/25/2012 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really can't think of anything bad to say about this product. I'm an NC25 and I use this almost everyday with my E.L.F. Blending Eye Brush and just apply it into my crease. I absolutley love this color and will continue to purchase this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

At first when I bought this, I regretted it. I bought it as an outer lid color, but it was pretty much the same color as my lid, and it was just a little darker, which was really annoying.

However, I also use embark as a crease color, and I noticed that embark was really pigmented, and sometimes I would put too much. It could also be tricky to blend. So that's where this eye shadow came in. I mix this and embark together for a perfect soft crease color, and I in general use it as a blending color for dark brown shadow. And it worked great for that purpose.

So I'm not regretting the bucks I spent for this, because this actually a very versatile color. If you're fair skinned, get this for your crease. If you're dark skinned, use it on your lid. And if you're neutral like me, use it as a blending color! I just may repurchase...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I can't believe I haven't reviewed Soft Brown yet! It took me forever to purchase it, but it was an instant HG. I use it daily, either as a crease color or transition color, and it is perfect for both. It's such an unassuming color, and one I was sure wouldn't work for me. If you're thinking about trying it, definitely give it a shot! It works wonders for me :)