MAC Matte - Soft Brown

MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is my HG transition shade. I use it all the time. It's not too pigmented (a good thing in my book), blends beautifully, and compliments virtually any combination of shadows you use with it. You really can't overdo it with this one. Would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

on 1/6/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this color is awesome... its a perfect neutral color for my Hazel eyes... just bought it and added it to a Smokey eye using espresso and sweet satisfaction - simply gorgeous!

on 7/28/2013 11:03:00 PM

I bought this probably about 5-6 months ago, so I've had plenty of time to play around with it. Anyways, I didn't really need much time to fall in love with this shade. It's a beautiful warm brown, and it's a perfect transition color if you're looking to warm up your look a little bit. I like using this with Vanilla and Corduroy, I find this combination just beautiful.

The texture is super soft and easy to blend, and it is not chalky at all which is great for a matte shade.

Overall, I think this is a great addition to anyone's collection, and I think it would get a lot of use!
Highly recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is a nicely created colour - light warm brown with orange (not peach) undertones which in theory should have done wonders for my medium blue eyes. No good. Instead I looked drawn like I was recovering from the flu. I truly never had a shadow that looked this bad. I am fair/neutral so that might be an indicator if it would work for you.

Such a gorgeous shade, I love using this to blend out harsh lines- and best of all, it has worked with every single colour :) Just yesterday, I blended out a Purple Smoky eye, and it did a wonderful job. I simply take my MAC 224 brush, and lightly blend this all over the crease and everything looks so much more blended and polished- This product is a must have! Soft Brown is also a very pretty transition colour- Its universal, and looks beautiful with almost any eyeshadow combination.

on 7/8/2012 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this colour! works really well with Mac's brule and corduroy , great in the crease and blended out, also a nice colour for a full lid coverage, another great shadow for girls with green and hazel eyes.

on 1/30/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Been trying really hard to appreciate/like this shadow, but I think my tan is slightly too deep for this too look right. I have strong yellow/golden undertones, and Soft Brown's peachiness has this weird tone to it that makes me look sickly. I also have to pack this color on to get it to show up in the first place. I'm not sure why someone of my tone would pick this over Saddle, which is FAR more flattering and doesn't make me look sick at all. Chanel PL BA34/NC44/Nars Tahoe for reference.

on 5/16/2011 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Soft Brown pulls peach on me, which I don't like, BUT if I put if lightly in my crease with Brule on the lid and brows, the peach barely shows when my eyes are open and it just gives a slight warmth to my eyes and makes my big brown eyes really stand out. I'm Asian with lt-med skin and yellow undertones.

on 11/28/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

At first I didn't know what to do with this shadow. It just seemed SO matte that it looked heavy on my lids. However, I discovered that it's an awesome crease colour with shimmery gold shadow on the lid. Really makes my green eyes POP and tones down the shimmery lid colour. I like this with Gold Mode pigment and Stila Sun or Oasis e/s especially.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Soft Brown is often overlooked because it's brown, and well... it can appear boring. Most people cannot figure out what to do with it, or they think they can find it anywhere for cheaper. You can't.... I've come across every brown known to man, and it still manage's to be "the one" I reach for every time. Some may know it can be used to blend out a smokey eye, or simply define the crease for that ultra natural day look. I would also use this paired with bright lips. It just adds that touch of definition you need. So some may say it's basic, but it has it's purpose. That's why it's permanent. ;)