MAC Matte - Soft Brown

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.5

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been using naked from UD as a transition shade and sometimes it just doesn't seem to cut it. Soft brown has since replaced naked and has been my go to transition shade and I'm NC42. The shadow is a soft matte warm brown shade that looks slightly orangey in the pan. It blends really easily too. Besides being a great transition shade, it adds warmth to any look. Definitely a staple in my stash.

on 12/12/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A few months ago I dropped by Mac and asked a make up artist for an eye shadow that I could use a brow powder. The artist recommended Mac Soft Brown because he said it was reddish and would go with my (medium auburn colored hair). I was a tad skeptical when I made the purchase because while my hair has a definite auburn color, my brows have no red in them whatsoever. I do like the eye shadow soft brown and use it almost every day as the perfect s-o-f-t powder liner underneath my bottom lashes, about half way across. It definitely makes my eyes look more defined but in a soft and natural way, I also use this shadow lightly from my lids up to just above my cease. I smooth the shadow with my favorite eye blending brush from Stila.adow brush.

on 5/14/2014 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

It barely shows on my skin tone (I'm very light, hazel eyes). I have to use it quiet a lot to get some color and still... not one of my favorites.

on 3/12/2014 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm loving this eyeshadow. Its my new crease colour and warms up the eye. It can be used with so many colour combos & looks. It completely changes the look of my eye in one quick application to the crease. I use it to transition from my brow highlight in brule to my lid colour in all that glitters. Then i use embark to deepen the look. Ill definitely repurchase when i run out

on 2/24/2014 9:49:00 AM

I love this shadow! Some people say that it's orangey, but on me it is just a warm brown! It makes my blue-green-gray eyes pop and doesn't make me look washed out (I'm VERY pale). This is a perfect everyday, natural, wearable color!

on 2/13/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this, but this is showing up orangey on me. I bought this as a transition shade. I tried it with a primer and without a primer. The texture is lovely and blends out nicely but the color just shows up as orange no matter how light or dark I apply. I still want to love this so if anyone has any suggestions on making this work or color combos to try with this, let me know. If it works I will gladly change my review! For reverence, I am nc 20.

on 12/25/2013 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am OBSESSED with soft brown. For reference: NC15-20, brown hair, blue-green eyes.

I use this color as my ultimate transition shade. I put it on first before any other shadows, especially when I'm doing a crease. It is a great problem solver with any blending issue that I come across. I just grab a blending brush, use some soft brown, and everything is ok again.

To me, soft brown looks very warm, almost like an orangey/reddish brown in the pan, but on the lids it i just the perfect light brown shade, and is something that you don't think you need until you own it.

on 10/15/2013 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I originally bought this color as a filler for my eyebrows (apparently I have "soft brown" hair), but it's also a pretty nice crease color. It's too dark on my NW20 skin to be much else, but it's a pretty, ashy/neutral brown.

on 6/24/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This. This. This! This eyeshadow is hands down, the BEST transition colour I have ever laid my eyeshadow-hungry eyes on! Mac's Soft Brown is a beautiful, warm, medium brown shade that will give you just the right amount of definition.
Pretty much every time I apply eyeshadow, I'll throw on a base (Mac's Painterly paint pot), then pop this colour all throughout my crease, diffusing it up toward my brown bone with a nice fluffy brush. It's light enough to conceal any blending faults, but it definitely shows up on my NC37 skin.
I looove pairing this with Woodwinked and Mulch for a warm, bronzed look, which really brings out the green and yellow flecks in my eyes. If you have dark brown, hazel, or green eyes, this colour would be perfect for you. Even you blue eyed gals out there, soft brown will bring a warm contrast to your cooler toned eyes.
If you're just starting out with Mac, or if you're on the hunt for a blending colour, Soft Brown is a great one to go for.

on 8/18/2012 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

One of the best transition colors I've ever found! I recently purchased this shadow and wonder what took me so long. Guess I thought I already had too many that looked similar and figured it's easily duped. It's not. Ive been reaching for this everyday and find it provides a beautiful warmth to almost every look I try. Doesn't matter if Im wearing warm or cool tones...it works! For reference, I'm NW30. I like to wear this in the crease with a light wash of color on the lid for an easy, neutral, and polished day look. I also like to start with this color in my crease and blend it up toward my brow bone and find that any colors used after this just blend effortlessly with any look I'm going for. Soft brown is one of those veristle colors that harmonizes any look I'm trying to achieve. For me, this gets HG status and is a definite repurchase!