MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

on 6/10/2017 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Beautiful. A soft matte peachy brown which is very easy to blend and stays put. Easy to combine with other eyeshadows as a crease/transition color, the equivalent of bronzer for eyelids; it's not so much the color itself that looks flattering but the warmth it adds to the look. I personally love combining it with shimmery gold eyeshadow on the lids. Recommended!

on 1/6/2017 6:55:00 PM

Smooth highly pigmented gentle warm light brown. Very versatile colour that you can use on eyebrows as well. I think i'll get lots of use out of this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is my HG transition shade. I use it all the time. It's not too pigmented (a good thing in my book), blends beautifully, and compliments virtually any combination of shadows you use with it. You really can't overdo it with this one. Would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

So this is a great shadow, but I don't feel it's a must have for me. It's another great matte, smooth, buildable, blendable shadow. It's a mid tone warm peachy brown. It's a little dark for me to use as a transition shade. I have to use it very lightly for that. It's more of a light outer v shade for me. It's a darker version of Anastasia Birkin. Because I now have Birkin, I really don't use soft brown much. I do like it for more natural lighter looks in the outer v. I think on medium skin tones this would be a perfect transition shade.

on 1/16/2016 7:07:00 AM

Soft brown is the perfect transition shade for me. I love this color in the crease of my eye and then I use it to blend out all my other eyeshadows to get that soft focus look. I like a blended out eye where you cannot tell where each color begins and ends. Soft brown is perfect for softening everything up. The color is a peachy brown and it's matte. It's one of my staple eye shadows.

on 12/12/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A few months ago I dropped by Mac and asked a make up artist for an eye shadow that I could use a brow powder. The artist recommended Mac Soft Brown because he said it was reddish and would go with my (medium auburn colored hair). I was a tad skeptical when I made the purchase because while my hair has a definite auburn color, my brows have no red in them whatsoever. I do like the eye shadow soft brown and use it almost every day as the perfect s-o-f-t powder liner underneath my bottom lashes, about half way across. It definitely makes my eyes look more defined but in a soft and natural way, I also use this shadow lightly from my lids up to just above my cease. I smooth the shadow with my favorite eye blending brush from Stila.adow brush.

on 1/6/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this color is awesome... its a perfect neutral color for my Hazel eyes... just bought it and added it to a Smokey eye using espresso and sweet satisfaction - simply gorgeous!

on 12/25/2013 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am OBSESSED with soft brown. For reference: NC15-20, brown hair, blue-green eyes.

I use this color as my ultimate transition shade. I put it on first before any other shadows, especially when I'm doing a crease. It is a great problem solver with any blending issue that I come across. I just grab a blending brush, use some soft brown, and everything is ok again.

To me, soft brown looks very warm, almost like an orangey/reddish brown in the pan, but on the lids it i just the perfect light brown shade, and is something that you don't think you need until you own it.

on 11/13/2013 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Over the past year there has rarely been a product thta truly amazed me. I was uncertain if Soft Brown would pull orange on me but Oh My it's amazing. So gorgeous. Besides Quarry this is my favorite MAC eyeshadow so far. Both make fantastic crease colors for my brown eyes but I find SB a little more blendable,

on 7/28/2013 11:03:00 PM

I bought this probably about 5-6 months ago, so I've had plenty of time to play around with it. Anyways, I didn't really need much time to fall in love with this shade. It's a beautiful warm brown, and it's a perfect transition color if you're looking to warm up your look a little bit. I like using this with Vanilla and Corduroy, I find this combination just beautiful.

The texture is super soft and easy to blend, and it is not chalky at all which is great for a matte shade.

Overall, I think this is a great addition to anyone's collection, and I think it would get a lot of use!
Highly recommend!