MAC Matte - Soft Brown

Filtered by skin tone : Other
MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

on 11/29/2013 7:33:00 PM

I love this product! It is a great color to wear everyday and it looks wonderful with about any color you wear it with. I use it in my crease everyday, its always good to apply a matte color to you crease to add dimension to the eye.
Like I said, I wear it everyday and I am in high school and I have athletics during the middle of the day and afterwards it still looks good! I didn't think its pigmentation would last through my workout, but it did very well!
I WILL repurchase this product!!!!

PERFECT transition color! It works so well to blend out the edges and warm up your crease color. I use this pretty much every day. I've actually started using it as my crease color as well. I use Naked Lunch all over my lid with this blended up into the crease. I do this when I have more intense winged liner and want a polished lid look. Then I pair it with a deeper lip color like Ruby Woo or Diva. Seriously. This stuff looks woefully boring in the pan, but it's SO versatile.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

At first I hated this color because its not brown at all its peachy and I have dark NC50 complextion. However I watched a youtuber and she used it as a lid color with goldmine and handwritten and it looked great. Actually this is my everyday look minus the goldmine and plus swiss chocolate.

on 1/25/2010 9:17:00 PM

I also bought this as a part of my 4 piece custom palette, along with Embark, Saddle and Typographic. I really like it on my NW 45 skin. It gives my lids a really nice light without being ashy or chalky. I sometimes use Typographic in the crease along with a dark brown liner - Sue Devitt's Eye Intensifier in Kenya. Love this color!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had been searching for the perfect natural brown for ages and found it in Soft Brown. It's just slightly darker than my natural skin tone and makes me look put together without being overdone. I'm Asian and use NC40.

Soft Brown looks pretty in the pan but did not show up AT ALL on my GGG/DDD skintone. It is very light peachy brown in tone and the formula I found a bit chalky and hard to apply. I quickly swapped this shadow away.

on 5/4/2006 4:26:00 PM

First of all, the name Soft Brown is misleading. It's orangey peach with a touch of brown. It looks orange in the pan and it looks orange peach on me. Second, every single MAC MA from different counters to different parts of the US keep recommending Soft Brown to me for pairing with greens, blues, and teals. I've been ignoring there recs for years and finally caved in last year. Well they were right. Soft Brown is the perfect accompaniment to greens, blues, and teals. It's especially beautiful as a crease color. The finish is matte but with proper blending it adds the perfect definition to my eyes without looking like "hey, I have orange e/s in my crease with blue e/s on the lid". Soft Brown is a boring color but sometimes the simplest colors have the most dramatic and effective impact. I will repurchase.

For reference I'm Stila 30 watts, Chanel Beige, and Armani LSF 5.5.