MAC Matte - Soft Brown

MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

on 4/17/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Waited so long to buy this. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who couldn't wear it. It was wayyyy too orange.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is a nicely created colour - light warm brown with orange (not peach) undertones which in theory should have done wonders for my medium blue eyes. No good. Instead I looked drawn like I was recovering from the flu. I truly never had a shadow that looked this bad. I am fair/neutral so that might be an indicator if it would work for you.

on 9/8/2007 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

boring.

on 5/14/2014 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

It barely shows on my skin tone (I'm very light, hazel eyes). I have to use it quiet a lot to get some color and still... not one of my favorites.

on 3/31/2014 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EYESHADOW. At least in my opinion, i am a NC35 skin tone with neutral undertones, i don't understand the hype about this eyeshadow, i had to order this online because singapore doesn't sell soft brown and i really wanted to try it. the reason why i hate it because i thought it would work well with my skin tone, but i bought this to use as a transition color but it was too pink for me, it messed up my eyeshadow colors and i couldn't put another color in the crease after applying this. its just not the right transition / crease / blending color for me, will never repurchase again but i'll give it points that it has great color payoff and pigmentation.

on 2/13/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this, but this is showing up orangey on me. I bought this as a transition shade. I tried it with a primer and without a primer. The texture is lovely and blends out nicely but the color just shows up as orange no matter how light or dark I apply. I still want to love this so if anyone has any suggestions on making this work or color combos to try with this, let me know. If it works I will gladly change my review! For reverence, I am nc 20.

on 11/15/2010 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sadly this did not last long in my collection. It was my first natural eye contour color from Mac, and I wanted it to work so bad. The reason it never did was that it's too orange-toned for my pale skin, therefore it makes my eyes appear unhealthy and irritated and it gives me an overall tired and sleepless look. Gave it to my best friend whose coloring is similar but it didn't seem to work on her either. I'm sure it would look great on slightly deeper skin tones (I'd say just up to NC/NW35 or else it won't show up), but I've now learnt to stay away from warm browns, either light, medium or dark. Won't repurchase.

on 3/14/2008 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This e/s is blah. It may be useful as an eyeshadow base otherwise, utterly useless.

One of MAC's boringest and ugliest colors. it wasn't 'brown' at all. it was more like peachy coraly brown. the hue was just off for me. It looked bad on my skin tone and made my eyes appear red and tired. I really hate this color and regret getting it. I suppose it works for a more natural look but it really just makes me look tired and like I cried all night.

Soft Brown looks pretty in the pan but did not show up AT ALL on my GGG/DDD skintone. It is very light peachy brown in tone and the formula I found a bit chalky and hard to apply. I quickly swapped this shadow away.