MAC Matte - Soft Brown

Filtered by age: 30-35
MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.4

I needed a colour that went well in the crease with navy blue eyeliner and I must say I like this one. This shade is one off the best sellers and is useful with many other shades.The pans are now $8 which I'm happy with .

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is my HG transition shade. I use it all the time. It's not too pigmented (a good thing in my book), blends beautifully, and compliments virtually any combination of shadows you use with it. You really can't overdo it with this one. Would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been using naked from UD as a transition shade and sometimes it just doesn't seem to cut it. Soft brown has since replaced naked and has been my go to transition shade and I'm NC42. The shadow is a soft matte warm brown shade that looks slightly orangey in the pan. It blends really easily too. Besides being a great transition shade, it adds warmth to any look. Definitely a staple in my stash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

So this is a great shadow, but I don't feel it's a must have for me. It's another great matte, smooth, buildable, blendable shadow. It's a mid tone warm peachy brown. It's a little dark for me to use as a transition shade. I have to use it very lightly for that. It's more of a light outer v shade for me. It's a darker version of Anastasia Birkin. Because I now have Birkin, I really don't use soft brown much. I do like it for more natural lighter looks in the outer v. I think on medium skin tones this would be a perfect transition shade.

on 7/16/2015 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use it to complement purple eyeshadow looks. Blends easily.

on 3/2/2015 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This one is a must for me. I would never have picked it out, but it kept showing up in every makeup tutorial. Once I read the glowing reviews, I knew I had to give it a shot, but was skeptical it would look too orange on me. What it does to bring warm definition to the crease and warm up any look is nothing short of magical :) Somehow this color works with just about any look as a transition color. Amazing! Great in terms of pigmentation and blending. Perfect transition shade or on its own as a crease color!

on 5/14/2014 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

It barely shows on my skin tone (I'm very light, hazel eyes). I have to use it quiet a lot to get some color and still... not one of my favorites.

on 2/13/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this, but this is showing up orangey on me. I bought this as a transition shade. I tried it with a primer and without a primer. The texture is lovely and blends out nicely but the color just shows up as orange no matter how light or dark I apply. I still want to love this so if anyone has any suggestions on making this work or color combos to try with this, let me know. If it works I will gladly change my review! For reverence, I am nc 20.

on 1/6/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this color is awesome... its a perfect neutral color for my Hazel eyes... just bought it and added it to a Smokey eye using espresso and sweet satisfaction - simply gorgeous!

on 7/3/2013 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

You really can't go wrong with this color, it is a great investment. It's the perfect crease color for fair skin, and a great color for everyday use. It blends well, it's highly pigmented, and it's very flattering. One of my favorites and certainly a staple of my standard eye look.