MAC Cosmetics Matte - Soft Brown

MAC Cosmetics Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

on 12/25/2013 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am OBSESSED with soft brown. For reference: NC15-20, brown hair, blue-green eyes.

I use this color as my ultimate transition shade. I put it on first before any other shadows, especially when I'm doing a crease. It is a great problem solver with any blending issue that I come across. I just grab a blending brush, use some soft brown, and everything is ok again.

To me, soft brown looks very warm, almost like an orangey/reddish brown in the pan, but on the lids it i just the perfect light brown shade, and is something that you don't think you need until you own it.

on 6/2/2011 4:19:00 PM

I use this color daily. It can be used for almost any look, for everyday I use it as a crease color and when im doing a night look I use it for blending. I think this color is a must have!

A fantastic transition colour, I use this almost every day! It's actually kind of a peachy-brown, it's not as tan as it appears. But it's an excellent transition crease colour and is great for blending into a smokey eye. It helps add depth and dimension. It's light enough to be a lid colour but that's not something I use it for. It looks underwhelming in the pan but I encourage giving it a chance, it's quickly become an everyday staple for me.

on 4/17/2010 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

One of my go-to MAC eyeshadows. I'm on my second pan of this shadow & I still love it just as much as I did when I bought it a couple years ago. Soft Brown will go with just about any look your trying to achieve. Very great neutral shadow.

Hate to ruin the streak of good reviews, but this color just does not work for extremely fair, cool skin. It's too peachy and warm to look natural in the crease. Wedge or Omega work much better to define the crease in a subtle, flattering way with my skintone (NW10). Perhaps I was using too much, but it honestly looked like I'd rubbed really hard with my blending brush an irritated my eyelid skin a bit after applying Soft Brown. Still, this shadow blends nicely. On more tan skin it would be very pretty and versatile judging from the reviews here.