Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

Not tested on animals

Water (Deionized), Coconut Oil (Corn Oil Soap), Green Tea Extract (Organic), Green Tea (Organic), Nettle (Organic), Grain Alcohol (Natural), Aloe Vera (Organic), Carrageenan, Lemon Peel Oil (Organic), Almond Protein, Blue Camomile Oil (Organic), Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamin A, C, E)

on 5/30/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I use this as required as a clarifying shampoo. It works WONDERFULLY for that. It strips hair of all oils, build up, dirt, and scalp debris - preparing the hair for a rich deep conditioning treatment, and leaving hair shiny and bouncy. I highly recommend following cleansing with a very rich, moisture based conditioner.

I wet my hair, rinsing debris off for a few minutes under warm water. Then I squirt a very small liquidy amount - maybe a teaspoon - into my palm. I lather in my hand, then apply at the bottom of my hair. It lathers very easily, and the lather quickly travels to my scalp. If it doesnt lather, I just dip my head in the water a bit more, and this works great. I rarely need to later twice with this. It rinses clean and my hair is sqeaky, dry feeling, and tangled - the way it always feels after clarifying my normal hair. However, its ready to soak up whatever I put on it next.

I typically follow up with the following conditioners: AO Honeysuckle Rose, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Deeper Moisture, or the Green Tea Finishing Rinse. The GT Finishing Rinse is an excellent hydrator and detangler, and gives great shine, but doesnt moisturize as well. I recommend people find the best combo for their individual hair types.

I previously used Jonathan Detox Dirt Vegan and Sulfate Free Shampoo ($22), Pantene Pro-V Clarifying ($4), and Trader Joe's Nourish Shampoo ($3) to clarify. All of those are good shampoos too, but so far, I like Aubrey Green Tea ($8) the best and probably will not repurchase the others unless I must as a backup. I love the ingredients, love the results, love the smell, and its a compliment to the rest of my beauty routine.

Highly recommended!

on 5/30/2010 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I love this shampoo! It saved my hair. I was using l'oreal elvive range prior to using this which is laden with chemicals. It caused me massive hair loss but this shampoo saved my hair :) I massage coconut oil into my scalp as pre-cleanse 2-3 times a week and mixture of jojoba oil + castor oil + lavender oil + rosemary oil once a week as treatment. And this clarifying shampoo does it's job well removing the oils from my scalp :) This combo definitely reduced my hair loss tremendously. I see how it might leave hair feeling like straw to some but unless if you have oily scalp, this would help a lot :) This product has some herbal smell, the consistency is watery and the colour is clear brown. Oh, it also doesn't lather as well as the chemical shampoos but I'm fine with it :)

on 3/18/2009 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very nice natural clarifying shampoo, smells good too. I think I can only use this once a week but I guess that's what it's meant for, not daily use even though it's natural. This lathers up really well, you don't need very much as others have said. My hair feels really clean after using this. J.A.Y shampoo is the only other Aubrey shampoo I love, I've used this for years along with a couple other natural shampoo brands.