Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

4.5

Not tested on animals

Water (Deionized), Coconut Oil (Corn Oil Soap), Green Tea Extract (Organic), Green Tea (Organic), Nettle (Organic), Grain Alcohol (Natural), Aloe Vera (Organic), Carrageenan, Lemon Peel Oil (Organic), Almond Protein, Blue Camomile Oil (Organic), Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamin A, C, E)

on 4/27/2014 3:32:00 PM

A little info about my hair before I review this product: it's long (reaches about mid-lower back), fine, straight, un-dyed, and normal (with a slight lean towards oily during the warmer months and around my period.. especially my scalp)

My usual hair care routine: Shampoo & condition (focusing mostly on the lower 1/3 of my hair, especially the tips) every 2-3 days with a bit of Argan oil run through after (again, focusing mostly on the ends) with my hands and fingers. Almost always towel/air dried.

First it should be noted that this is a CLARIFYING shampoo and should not be used on a daily basis. I only use this (and the accompanying conditioner/creme rinse) every other week or so unless I've used a lot of product in my hair or feel that it's particularly dirty.

Or just really really want my hair to smell good. I am in complete love with the scent of this shampoo. It doesn't smell at all like green tea to me, but instead wild camomile and lavender. Very sharp and piney, earthy and herbal-y. If this wasn't a clarifying shampoo I'd use it every day just for the scent.

Both the shampoo and conditioner have a very thin, runny consistency which I was unprepared for when I first bought them.

I don't have any problem getting it to lather provided my hair is wet; however it's very thick and requires a bit of work to massage into my scalp and through the rest of my hair.

This is the only shampoo I've used in a long, long time that I HAVE to condition my scalp (at least a little) after using it otherwise my hair is waaay too tangled. BUT my hair is so clean afterwards and soft and feels cleaner for at least a day longer than normal.

on 11/22/2013 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot get used to this shampoo.
I have fine long hair with oily roots and dry ends and seb. dermatitis now and then.
I am on the search for a good sulfate free shampoo that keeps my scalp in balance.
This is very hard to use in the shower. It is difficult to spread evenly over the scalp, I have the feeling that it stays in one place too much, it doesn't foam a lot (but that is no real problem, it becomes better when adding some extra water while I massage it in).
The problem is that because it doesn't spread easily you have too massage too much what makes the hair a tangly mess.

When out of the shower it is soo hard to detangle the top of my hair (for the bottom I use conditioner, so that is okay). I have the feeling that, because of the cleansing process and the detangling, my hair breaks too much and I am loosing too much hair.

Besides that my hair looks nice and shiny and my scalp is okay (doesn't heal my scalp, but doesn't make it worse either).
So very mixed feelings. I have used it for 3 weeks now and will maybe finish the bottle (or use it as a hand soap), but will not buy again.

on 12/18/2011 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow! This is the most clarifying, oil-eliminating shampoo I have ever used! I've used Aubrey Organics stuff in the past, so I wasn't surprised with the liquidy consistency of it (which I like, because that puts me at ease that it's natural and not full of junk) and when you pour it out into your hand, it literally looks exactly like olive oil - same texture and consistency and just about the same color. The smell isn't pleasant, but it's not awful.
This gets all of the oil off my scalp and leaves my hair feeling bouncy, clean, and light. Also, it leaves my hair feeling thicker (like, A LOT thicker) and NOTICEABLY stronger! I also have noticed the same as many other reviewers below -- I notice MUCH less hair loss! I wasn't losing hair to begin with, but since using this product and the green tea conditioner, I have noticed the amount of hair in the drain and on my brush cut in HALF.
It lathers well considering it's all natural and doesn't contain sulfates, and I am just amazed at the level of clean it provides. I have never felt my hair this squeaky-clean before. It can be drying, but as long as I condition well (even the green tea conditioner is really good after this, because it's very light but still packs a moisture punch) my hair feels soft and silky, and my curls are bouncy and not frizzy. Best clarifying shampoo EVER!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This shampoo is a must if you have oily hair or use a lot of styling products. The other reviewers have covered most everything, including the herbal smell and liquidy consistency. From my experience, it should not be used more than once a week because it does such a super job of clarifying. It leaves my hair kind of tangly and strawlike, but it's not a problem since I always follow up with a conditioner. I will continue to purchase this shampoo because it does what it claims and is all natural. 4.5 lippies

on 1/13/2009 8:02:00 PM

This is the best "natural" shampoo I've tried. It lathers well and it doesn't give my hair that knotty, squeaky-clean feeling before I condition. My hair feels very light after using this, but not dry at all. In fact, I find this less drying than Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose shampoo - I switch between the two. Sometimes I follow with the Green Tea conditioner, other times the Honeysuckle Rose. I love that AO products don't contain the potentially harmful ingredients or parabens most cosmetics contain, and that they aren't tested on animals. This product is also vegan. It has a fresh, herbal tea scent - yummy if you like that sort of thing, which I do! AO packaging is not glamorous, but I think it's sort of cute in a 70's-earthy way. This is not only the best "natural" clarifying shampoo I've used, it's the best clarifying shampoo of any sort that I've used.

on 2/20/2006 11:56:00 AM

I use Green Tea Hair Treatment shampoo when I want clarified clean hair. It is especially good to use in summer. Continual use makes me lose a bit of body and wave in my baby fine hair, so I switch on and off with it

The watery consistency of this stuff makes it hard to use small amounts of, which is my only real complaint. The smell is great, and the performance is excellent. The shampoo really sudses up which is hard to get used to again after not having suds in my shampoos for so long.

After the damage that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and its derrivatives did to our family's skin and my eyes, it is a treat to have such a good shampoo that is natural and performs so well. continued >>