Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

4.5

Not tested on animals

Water (Deionized), Coconut Oil (Corn Oil Soap), Green Tea Extract (Organic), Green Tea (Organic), Nettle (Organic), Grain Alcohol (Natural), Aloe Vera (Organic), Carrageenan, Lemon Peel Oil (Organic), Almond Protein, Blue Camomile Oil (Organic), Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamin A, C, E)

on 3/15/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this shampoo in combination with the conitioner/cream rinse.

My hair: straight with a little waive at ends, thick and voluminous, somewhat frizzy, black colour, Indian hair, and oily scalp.

The shampoo: smells like men's cologne, thin, and lathers well (if you're into this -i don't really care about lather as long as my hair is getting clean) for a "green" shampoo when using more than needed.

Results: hair and oily scalp are very clean after using this "clarifying" shampoo, which i love since i can extend the time of beautiful hair between washings. but, in the shower, my hair does feel a little dry/stripped and it is noticeably a little tangly, so the conditioner seems like a must. so, don't know how my hair will be in the long run with this shampoo (it might be too stripping to use solely) especially if not using a conditioner which i like to do for long periods of time. however, i can say that in combination with the conditioner (which i've reviewed as well), for now, my hair is soft, looks full, is shinier (definitely due to the conditioner), and smells great until the next wash. Update: with this combo, i don't get the very itchy, oily, and flaky scalp i used to with other products. and, another bonus is that the scent really lasts in the hair (and, seems to transform into something "sweeter" smelling and more feminine with age), which is just lovely, unlike many other products i've used.

Bought this because: it's vegan, it's not tested on animals, it's "natural," and (mostly?) organic.

Botton Line: the shampoo/conditioner combo is actually the best combo i've ever used when looking at the many things i look for.

Price: ~14 + tax from Well.ca. Expensive!

I think this is my HG shampoo. It has natural ingredients and does a great job of cleaning hair! I have oily hair that usually gets weighed down with cones and gets greasy really easily. This shampoo lathers up pretty well for a natural shampoo. It does look a bit scary - it is a brown watery liquid with an herbal like smell. The smell doesn't stay. I've also tried the GPB shampoo (which i strongly disliked). This one I like so much that I bought 2 extra bottles when I saw them on sale - and I never rebuy shampoo!! Leaves my hair clean (but not squeaky clean) - just what a shampoo should do! I use this everyday and it doesn't seem to dry my hair out.

Popular Shampoos