Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

3.0

Not tested on animals

Water (Deionized), Coconut Oil (Corn Oil Soap), Green Tea Extract (Organic), Green Tea (Organic), Nettle (Organic), Grain Alcohol (Natural), Aloe Vera (Organic), Carrageenan, Lemon Peel Oil (Organic), Almond Protein, Blue Camomile Oil (Organic), Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamin A, C, E)

on 4/8/2015 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this for my daughter who has super-fine, limp hair and a very oily scalp (24 hours after washing it is oily again) that can occasionally smell. This was a disappointment. It didn't de-grease her scalp very well (I wash her hair at night and it looked oily the next morning), and it did nothing for the smell. The product itself was incredibly watery and didn't lather or spread over her scalp very well (so I used a lot of the shampoo with each use; not very cost-effective). It also left her hair feeling rough. I tried this on my hair as well (my scalp occasionally gets oily if I use a rich shampoo) and I found the results no better. I haven't bought this again.

on 12/18/2011 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow! This is the most clarifying, oil-eliminating shampoo I have ever used! I've used Aubrey Organics stuff in the past, so I wasn't surprised with the liquidy consistency of it (which I like, because that puts me at ease that it's natural and not full of junk) and when you pour it out into your hand, it literally looks exactly like olive oil - same texture and consistency and just about the same color. The smell isn't pleasant, but it's not awful.
This gets all of the oil off my scalp and leaves my hair feeling bouncy, clean, and light. Also, it leaves my hair feeling thicker (like, A LOT thicker) and NOTICEABLY stronger! I also have noticed the same as many other reviewers below -- I notice MUCH less hair loss! I wasn't losing hair to begin with, but since using this product and the green tea conditioner, I have noticed the amount of hair in the drain and on my brush cut in HALF.
It lathers well considering it's all natural and doesn't contain sulfates, and I am just amazed at the level of clean it provides. I have never felt my hair this squeaky-clean before. It can be drying, but as long as I condition well (even the green tea conditioner is really good after this, because it's very light but still packs a moisture punch) my hair feels soft and silky, and my curls are bouncy and not frizzy. Best clarifying shampoo EVER!

Popular Shampoos