Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water (Deionized), Coconut Oil (Corn Oil Soap), Green Tea Extract (Organic), Green Tea (Organic), Nettle (Organic), Grain Alcohol (Natural), Aloe Vera (Organic), Carrageenan, Lemon Peel Oil (Organic), Almond Protein, Blue Camomile Oil (Organic), Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamin A, C, E)

on 4/27/2014 3:32:00 PM

A little info about my hair before I review this product: it's long (reaches about mid-lower back), fine, straight, un-dyed, and normal (with a slight lean towards oily during the warmer months and around my period.. especially my scalp)

My usual hair care routine: Shampoo & condition (focusing mostly on the lower 1/3 of my hair, especially the tips) every 2-3 days with a bit of Argan oil run through after (again, focusing mostly on the ends) with my hands and fingers. Almost always towel/air dried.

First it should be noted that this is a CLARIFYING shampoo and should not be used on a daily basis. I only use this (and the accompanying conditioner/creme rinse) every other week or so unless I've used a lot of product in my hair or feel that it's particularly dirty.

Or just really really want my hair to smell good. I am in complete love with the scent of this shampoo. It doesn't smell at all like green tea to me, but instead wild camomile and lavender. Very sharp and piney, earthy and herbal-y. If this wasn't a clarifying shampoo I'd use it every day just for the scent.

Both the shampoo and conditioner have a very thin, runny consistency which I was unprepared for when I first bought them.

I don't have any problem getting it to lather provided my hair is wet; however it's very thick and requires a bit of work to massage into my scalp and through the rest of my hair.

This is the only shampoo I've used in a long, long time that I HAVE to condition my scalp (at least a little) after using it otherwise my hair is waaay too tangled. BUT my hair is so clean afterwards and soft and feels cleaner for at least a day longer than normal.

on 3/15/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this shampoo in combination with the conitioner/cream rinse.

My hair: straight with a little waive at ends, thick and voluminous, somewhat frizzy, black colour, Indian hair, and oily scalp.

The shampoo: smells like men's cologne, thin, and lathers well (if you're into this -i don't really care about lather as long as my hair is getting clean) for a "green" shampoo when using more than needed.

Results: hair and oily scalp are very clean after using this "clarifying" shampoo, which i love since i can extend the time of beautiful hair between washings. but, in the shower, my hair does feel a little dry/stripped and it is noticeably a little tangly, so the conditioner seems like a must. so, don't know how my hair will be in the long run with this shampoo (it might be too stripping to use solely) especially if not using a conditioner which i like to do for long periods of time. however, i can say that in combination with the conditioner (which i've reviewed as well), for now, my hair is soft, looks full, is shinier (definitely due to the conditioner), and smells great until the next wash. Update: with this combo, i don't get the very itchy, oily, and flaky scalp i used to with other products. and, another bonus is that the scent really lasts in the hair (and, seems to transform into something "sweeter" smelling and more feminine with age), which is just lovely, unlike many other products i've used.

Bought this because: it's vegan, it's not tested on animals, it's "natural," and (mostly?) organic.

Botton Line: the shampoo/conditioner combo is actually the best combo i've ever used when looking at the many things i look for.

Price: ~14 + tax from Well.ca. Expensive!

on 11/22/2013 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot get used to this shampoo.
I have fine long hair with oily roots and dry ends and seb. dermatitis now and then.
I am on the search for a good sulfate free shampoo that keeps my scalp in balance.
This is very hard to use in the shower. It is difficult to spread evenly over the scalp, I have the feeling that it stays in one place too much, it doesn't foam a lot (but that is no real problem, it becomes better when adding some extra water while I massage it in).
The problem is that because it doesn't spread easily you have too massage too much what makes the hair a tangly mess.

When out of the shower it is soo hard to detangle the top of my hair (for the bottom I use conditioner, so that is okay). I have the feeling that, because of the cleansing process and the detangling, my hair breaks too much and I am loosing too much hair.

Besides that my hair looks nice and shiny and my scalp is okay (doesn't heal my scalp, but doesn't make it worse either).
So very mixed feelings. I have used it for 3 weeks now and will maybe finish the bottle (or use it as a hand soap), but will not buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So far I'm pretty impressed. I suffer from an oily,oily scalp, but with super dry ends. My hair needs to be washed EVERYDAY no question. I alternate and use this one every 3 days. To be able to find an all natural shampoo that lathers well, really cleans, doesn't smell god awful, and leave it shiny, this is a winner I'll keep in my bathroom.

on 5/30/2010 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I love this shampoo! It saved my hair. I was using l'oreal elvive range prior to using this which is laden with chemicals. It caused me massive hair loss but this shampoo saved my hair :) I massage coconut oil into my scalp as pre-cleanse 2-3 times a week and mixture of jojoba oil + castor oil + lavender oil + rosemary oil once a week as treatment. And this clarifying shampoo does it's job well removing the oils from my scalp :) This combo definitely reduced my hair loss tremendously. I see how it might leave hair feeling like straw to some but unless if you have oily scalp, this would help a lot :) This product has some herbal smell, the consistency is watery and the colour is clear brown. Oh, it also doesn't lather as well as the chemical shampoos but I'm fine with it :)

on 12/28/2009 6:06:00 PM

This is a very liquidy brownish-greenish shampoo with a funky herbal tea scent. It also lathers up a ton. It takes some work (due to how dense the lather is), but it rinses cleanly and leaves hair clean but not stripped. I don't think this does a better or worse job at deep-cleaning than most other clarifying shampoos out there, but I love the completely natural ingredients (everything is recognizable) and fair price. I'd definitely repurchase this.

I think this is my HG shampoo. It has natural ingredients and does a great job of cleaning hair! I have oily hair that usually gets weighed down with cones and gets greasy really easily. This shampoo lathers up pretty well for a natural shampoo. It does look a bit scary - it is a brown watery liquid with an herbal like smell. The smell doesn't stay. I've also tried the GPB shampoo (which i strongly disliked). This one I like so much that I bought 2 extra bottles when I saw them on sale - and I never rebuy shampoo!! Leaves my hair clean (but not squeaky clean) - just what a shampoo should do! I use this everyday and it doesn't seem to dry my hair out.

on 12/2/2008 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love it! Gets my hair squeaky clean but does not dry out my hair or scalp. Smells great and I love that about a teaspoon of this shampoo allows for tons and tons of lather. My only concern is the lather and if the ingredients that are causing the lather are really safe. Other than that question/concern I love this shampoo and will keep buying it!

on 11/30/2008 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this shampoo for a couple of months and think it is pretty decent. I water it down and add about 10 drop of pure 100% almond oil. There is no build up what so ever and it has caused NO scalp irritation which is a major plus, that said however i still have a modrately dry/flaky scalp. I have highlighted/lowlighted hair and i have not noticed any stripping or distortion of my colour. the smell is mild and not overpowering like the other aubrey shampoo,s i have used.
I got it at the Vitamin Shoppe