Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Other
Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

Not tested on animals

Water (Deionized), Coconut Oil (Corn Oil Soap), Green Tea Extract (Organic), Green Tea (Organic), Nettle (Organic), Grain Alcohol (Natural), Aloe Vera (Organic), Carrageenan, Lemon Peel Oil (Organic), Almond Protein, Blue Camomile Oil (Organic), Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamin A, C, E)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair gets so oily that I have to wash it daily. Another concern is hairloss which. Shampoos that controlled oil led to more hairloss and hairloss controlling shampoo didn't help the oil. I have been using this shampoo for about 2 weeks now and I am so pleased. It rinses super clean but doesn't dry out my hair. It is very concentrated so a little goes a long way.

After 24 hours, my scalp is still clean! I've gone a day and a half without washing and don't feel like the usual greasy mess. I'm hoping that regular use will eventually allow me to wash my hair every other day. 1 day and a half seems to be my limit right now. And the best part? I'm losing less hair!

on 7/2/2010 1:00:00 AM

I bought this in Feb., and it is now one of my favorite shampoos! I rotate this with 2 others (Say Yes to Carrots Tomato shampoo & KMF Big Body, both of which I LOVE as well). I have oily roots, and it does a fantastic job of cleansing without stripping, leaving my hair soft & shiny. I love the natural herbal scent, too. It lathers VERY well. I will definitely repurchase!

on 5/30/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I use this as required as a clarifying shampoo. It works WONDERFULLY for that. It strips hair of all oils, build up, dirt, and scalp debris - preparing the hair for a rich deep conditioning treatment, and leaving hair shiny and bouncy. I highly recommend following cleansing with a very rich, moisture based conditioner.

I wet my hair, rinsing debris off for a few minutes under warm water. Then I squirt a very small liquidy amount - maybe a teaspoon - into my palm. I lather in my hand, then apply at the bottom of my hair. It lathers very easily, and the lather quickly travels to my scalp. If it doesnt lather, I just dip my head in the water a bit more, and this works great. I rarely need to later twice with this. It rinses clean and my hair is sqeaky, dry feeling, and tangled - the way it always feels after clarifying my normal hair. However, its ready to soak up whatever I put on it next.

I typically follow up with the following conditioners: AO Honeysuckle Rose, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Deeper Moisture, or the Green Tea Finishing Rinse. The GT Finishing Rinse is an excellent hydrator and detangler, and gives great shine, but doesnt moisturize as well. I recommend people find the best combo for their individual hair types.

I previously used Jonathan Detox Dirt Vegan and Sulfate Free Shampoo ($22), Pantene Pro-V Clarifying ($4), and Trader Joe's Nourish Shampoo ($3) to clarify. All of those are good shampoos too, but so far, I like Aubrey Green Tea ($8) the best and probably will not repurchase the others unless I must as a backup. I love the ingredients, love the results, love the smell, and its a compliment to the rest of my beauty routine.

Highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This shampoo is the best at removing build-up.

on 2/20/2006 11:56:00 AM

I use Green Tea Hair Treatment shampoo when I want clarified clean hair. It is especially good to use in summer. Continual use makes me lose a bit of body and wave in my baby fine hair, so I switch on and off with it

The watery consistency of this stuff makes it hard to use small amounts of, which is my only real complaint. The smell is great, and the performance is excellent. The shampoo really sudses up which is hard to get used to again after not having suds in my shampoos for so long.

After the damage that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and its derrivatives did to our family's skin and my eyes, it is a treat to have such a good shampoo that is natural and performs so well. continued >>

on 9/18/2005 9:11:00 PM

Abundance of plushy lather, although shampoo itself is quite thin and watery. Clean smell, left my fine hair full of volume and it felt clean for two days. Nice to get away from the SLS and chemicals. EDIT Feb/06 Still loving this - I add a few teaspoons of jojoba oil to the bottle and shake well before using. Eliminates itchy scalp and no need for conditioner. Brilliant!

Popular Shampoos