Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

Filtered by age: 36-43
Aubrey Organics Green Tea Hair Treatment Shampoo

3.3

Not tested on animals

Water (Deionized), Coconut Oil (Corn Oil Soap), Green Tea Extract (Organic), Green Tea (Organic), Nettle (Organic), Grain Alcohol (Natural), Aloe Vera (Organic), Carrageenan, Lemon Peel Oil (Organic), Almond Protein, Blue Camomile Oil (Organic), Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamin A, C, E)

on 3/6/2009 6:51:00 PM

My fine, layered, slightly dry hair has a hard time with most shampoos, as I have to be careful with clarifying/bodifying ones that can be too drying, but also the ones that are too moisturizing make my hair flat

This shampoo seems to cover all of these bases for me. It is a clear, bluish green color and smooth in texture, probably from the oils in it. I was worried that it would be too moisturizing for this reason, but it wasn't, it just made my hair very clean. It lathers well, as others have mentioned, and has a nice, herbal scent, a refreshing change from the fruity/foody/heavily perfumed smells out there. My hair is clean and fresh and shiny after using this. I also only need a drop of conditioner with this shampoo (I use the GPB protein one). My one issue with it, however, is it does tangle my hair a bit and I lose more hair than normal because of this, so I am now alternatng this with the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo. This shampoo cost about $10 for 11 ounces.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Coconut Oil-Corn Oil Soap, Organic Green Tea Extract (Organic Green Tea, Organic Nettle, Natural Grain Alcohol), Organic Aloe Vera, Carrageenan, Organic Lemon Peel Oil, Almond Protein, Organic Blue Camomile Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

edit 11/14- the company has been taken over by the founder's children and they changed the formula, which now makes my fair feel coated, filmy and tangled :(

on 2/17/2008 6:15:00 PM

I love this shampoo! I got overwhelmed one day thinking about how many chemicals I applied to my body every single day, and decided to cut back where possible. The smell is nice, not overpowering, and the lather is very plush and thick. So much so, that sometimes I use the lather as a shaving cream as well before rinsing it all out! That helps me justify the rather high price :). I wish it came in a larger bottle, because since it is rather liquidy, I use it up faster than other shampoos. It does leave my hair a little dry if I forget conditioner, but I use it with the Honeysuckle Rose conditioner and my hair comes out soft, clean, and not too dry.

on 6/27/2003 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the most important criteria for me is the smell, besides the performance of a shampoo i.e. the lather, the cleanliness, the moisturising properties etc. You can't detect any offensive smell when you take a whiff...until you wash your hair with it! It uses coconut as a cleansing agent which is great but the smell was too overpowering!

Given the comparable pricing, I will stick to my Tahitian Noni Daily Shampoo, which smells delicious despite containing coconut too!