Child Perfume Child

Child Perfume Child

3.5

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This perfume smells almost IDENTICAL to "Rapture" from Victoria's Secret! (Remember that one?) I checked and it has almost all of the same notes. Rapture: citrus/vanilla/jasmine/rose/wood notes..........and Child: citrus/vanilla/jasmine/rose/wood notes
There are a couple note differences, for instance, Rapture is a bit heavier on the Amber, Child has none, but overall, the scent is SOOOO similar! So if you were a Rapture fan, and are devastated that it was discontinued, try Child. Granted, Child is OVERPRICED and outrageously expensive, but it smells heavenly and divine.
Some advice: this perfume is a POWERHOUSE with overwhelming sillage, so apply very sparingly, only a dab on each wrist, maybe a touch on the hair at the back of the neck, and behind the knees. Even then, you AND other people will still smell it. If you apply it behind your ears or cleavage, you will get a headache and find it nauseating. If kept away from the face, you'll get wafts of it all day and it will smell lovely.
***btw, if you're in a romantic relationship and plan on being kissed on the neck, men say they HATE tasting perfume, so apply it in places where you won't be kissed. lol

This reminds me of a few scents but not exactly like them: china rain/China musk/bonne Bell skin musk oil/JLo Glow/Johnson’s No More Tears but not exactly but reminiscent.
This is amazing. I have the 1.3oz oil. I want Heir now! This is a skin scent, the most perf 1. Its gardenia, jasmin, pikake, honeysuckle & shampoo. Wear this on clean skin I agree you don’t want smelling “funk upon on funk” [to borrow as some1 eloquently put it]. I do not go out in public super often (am a shut in/homebound), but i can hardly wait to wear this in public & Gauge to see if anyone seems a bit more beguiled by me lol I get nausea from medicine ev single day but this did not bother my nausea. I would wear this to a Christian Meeting because they have a lot of close contact (hugs, handshake, sitting in close proximity I normally wear Chanel beige to them). This is cruelty-free & handcrafted in small batches by Child Perfume Studio Susan D Owens I hope she will keep making it. If you want a cheaper dupe Beyond Scents China Musk is “similar” (& Ebay has dupes oils of Child), but it lacks the magic ingredient. Not directly sure what it is but it is something that elevates this to HG. I reckon it’s the pikake with musk see i knew I smelled oh a lovely lightness airyness sweetness & honest to God you can smell the C. Studios integrity if hard work & integrity could be bottled. This is from noe on my signature scent! Chanel is old news for me. I have Child. I will always rebuy. I hope this doesn’t go sideways like body time chins rain scent I never tried Terre nova. This was a blind buy, the best kind of blind buy is 1 u go Kray Kray for. This smells sophisticated & opulent. Chic never shabby. If you like Hawaii type frag & clean frag that doesn’t smell like Tide....I honestly can’t find fault w this except $$ but you get what you pay for! My nose is diff than your nose same w my skin. So what smells like heaven to me might seem like olfactorarily Hades water from the river Styx but to me this is awesome! #rebuy #downtowntriplecrown #winning
Grade: A++

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love Child. It starts out as a strong jasmine on me, then develops into a softer scent, reminiscent of Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie, but nicer and with a note of something extra that I just can't place, but lovely nonetheless.

on 8/24/2014 12:53:00 PM

I have bought Child for my dear ladylove for 20+ years. First, to counter what a reviewer said about Child perfume not being "cruelty free" is not based on truth. Her review is hostile, she did not state what information she received, she just stated she received a "terse" answer/email when she asked Child perfume Studio about it being not tested on animals.
Well, it is not tested on animals. I am also familiar with the supplier of Child perfume,( I am in the Beauty business, and I know who the suppliers are from the US and Europe ). The supplier for Child perfume ingredients are notorious for years of donating to various organizations that support animals and care for them, so where this reviewer came up with such hostile words for Child perfume is not valid. Each December this supplier would
donate to an animal charity instead of gifting their vendors, and they would let the vendor
pick the animal charity. This is a fact.
I am passionate about cruelty free products. My lady would not wear anything but Child,
and we have watched this brand since it was first released in 1990 at Apothia Fred Segal (Melrose) who still carries it after 25 years... We purchase from Beautyhabit, Luscious Cargo, and Talulah Belle,
depending on who has it in stock. If you want documents stating the truth about Child
being a cruelty free product, then email the Child perfume Studio.
This is one of the greatest perfumes in the world, and that opinion comes from Beauty Editors, just read the Press page of Child perfume. Henri Bendel carried it for 13 years, and
sadly, Henri Bendel let go of ALL their third party brands of perfumes. Now when we go to New York, we have no reason to go to Bendels.
Fact is, Child is rare and exclusive, there is less than 5,000 bottles crafted per year. I have toured the Studio in Dallas. We are devoted to this perfume and its history and how it is made and the ingredients are cruel free. The aroma is so precious, it lifts me just smelling it on my lady. The Body Crme, I even use it on my own skin. I am also a historian for Beauty brands. My second favorite perfume is Sisley Eau Du Soir and third is Chanel 22.
Thank you.

on 7/31/2014 11:04:00 AM

Child is an overly-sweet floral that is not cruelty-free. I contacted the company to inquire about ingredients and animal-testing and was given a terse, vague answer. I would never give my $$ to support a company without basic compassion (to animals and to me as a customer -- not nice at all.). Try Joyful by My Daughter Fragrances -- it's similar to Child, but is more complex and less sic kingly sweet. And you can feel great that no one was hurt to make such a lovely scent!

As a Kai devotee I thought I'd splurge on a bottle of Child because I'd heard of the similarities.

When first applied,I genuinely like it.I get a blast of jasmine and a few other floral notes.

But then.....very soon it morphs into something I can't really describe.There are too many things going on in it for me to even try and decipher the notes.Maybe it's just my skin.

On a whim I noticed on Sephora that Jennifer Aniston's fragrance rollerball was discounted and bought it based on the notes

Imagine my surprise to find it smelled exactly like Child,only watered down.I don't think it's a coincidence!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Over hyped, over priced and definitely not worth it. It's mainly clean Pikake that smells soapy, there is also an artificial synthetic thing going on, almost plasticky. I find it hard to believe men go crazy over this. Honestly I think you can find a much better Pikake oil for a lot less money at a health food store.

Sunny perfection. I love how happy this one makes me...jasmine seems to have that effect.

on 6/16/2013 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This oil is amazing. I always go back to it. It smells so clean and fresh. For sure one of my favorites.

on 7/11/2012 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Upon application this is a harsh jasmine. After it melds with your skiin about half an hour it becomes something akin to the Philosophy line of fragrances--very nice and clean smelling. It strangely bears a closer resemblance to resemblance to a mimosa scent (such as St. Barth) than a jasmine soliflore.

Overall, it is very nice but, given the price, there are lots of better options.

Popular Fragrances